more suits against Scouts to come

more suits against Scouts to come
I believe this type of abuse can be found in every institution--it is sad. What is sadder there are those who live in denial such abuse exists. I was a Boy Scout and I was not abused, instead the priest at the Church was my abuser. Even with all the publicity surrounding CSA it still is going on--what will it take to open the eyes of many.

I am a scout victim so obviously biased and ready for them to be exposed for the same if not worse move and keep the Perp “serving youth” as any church. Amazingly the BSA expert testified she documents over 7000 perps and over 12000 victims but most scientific peer reviewed studies accept most perps with triple digit victims before being caught. Of course each one was special and just being educated so it’s ok right? Let the lawsuits reign!

1 lawsuit uncovered 12,254 boy scout victims - this was only in ONE region!

I am a scout victim so obviously biased and ready for them to be exposed for the same if not worse move and keep the Perp “serving youth” as any church. Amazingly the BSA expert testified she documents over 7000 perps and over 12000 victims but most scientific peer reviewed studies accept most perps with triple digit victims before being caught. Of course each one was special and just being educated so it’s ok right? Let the lawsuits reign!
I was also abused in the scouts. At times the news articles are triggering for me. What really angered me in the recent article is that the BSA rep said that they do background checks etc now. Problem is the the BSA deliberately hid pedophiles from law enforcement so by their own actions those records don't exist. What a bunch of hypocritical BS on the BSA's part.

YMCA for me

Any institution that employees people to look after kids, creates an opportunity for predators.
It is going to be a place that predators look for an opportunity.

I believe the cover up industry is making big money
legal firms specializing in PR and cover up

my purp disappeared off the face of the earth
he’s probably in the PPP
perp protection program (it’s a joke)
but getting the perps out of the spotlight is definitely part of the strategy and keeping the victims quiet, well that’s not very hard to do.

follow the money
who is paying the legal fees to discredit the victims and exonerate the purps
you can put the YMCA on this list
but I actually think they’ve done a better job of covering it up
all the records are gone

The Boy Scouts were too sloppy and there’s a better paper trail

Big institutions with lots of money are great at covering up and limiting the damages to their brand

but here we sit with all our damages. day after day

Last edited: