Me against myself

Me against myself
I'm glad I found you.

I am a 52-year-old guy in the third year of my recovery following a complete breakdown. Maybe I'll share that story later in the appropriate place. I am extremely lucky in that I have a fantastic therapist who specializes in EMDR to treat complex PTSD. It took quite a while to get in with her and I had to navigate the healthcare system with my fight/flight cranked up to 11. Fortunately I have a wonderful, understanding partner and a couple of amazing (grown) kids and they helped get me through those initial weeks and months. I am pretty anxious about being here but also grateful for the opportunity. I think I'm going to go hug a dog now. I hope this works for an intro.

Very glad you found this site, and that you have such a good therapist working with you. I'm also glad that you have such strong family support. I hope that you find this site to be helpful in your healing process. Take good care of yourself.

Very glad you found this site, and that you have such a good therapist working with you. I'm also glad that you have such strong family support. I hope that you find this site to be helpful in your healing process. Take good care of yourself.

I'm in a place of real/practicing gratitude so I talk like this to. I am not sure who or what I am trying to convince but I like it better than where I was a year ago if that makes any sense. Be well, Dre. I appreciate you and can relate a bit to your story. I just didn't have the guts to respond (yet). Hope we all get there.

Don't push yourself to share more than you're ready for. I've discovered that as well, and the people here are welcoming and supportive no matter what you share or what you are capable of at any given time. I have faith that we'll get there in terms of healing.

Welcome! Glad to hear that you're in therapy & happy with your therapist. That's a big step in the right direction. Also glad that you have a good support system around you. Dogs also make great companions, lol. Sorry you have a need to be here on MS, but happy to have you. Everyone here has been through a lot, & we support each other.

I'm sorry I posted and then ran away. I read a few other survivor stories and found myself so triggered that I had to sign out and forget for a while. Therapy is good and support is fine but the truth is I tell myself the things I tell myself because I am afraid I will never get better. Mostly I just think this all sucks and I am sorry any of us even have to be here. Please don't take that to mean anything bad against anyone who responded / members of the site or the site owners / managers. I just wasn't ready. I don't know if I am even ready now but I am here to try again.

The key is to try, welcome back. This is the first step to come here. Take it very slowly and since you read some of the stories and they triggered you, talk to us instead this time. use the search button and look up things that interest you. Or private message one of us. We are all here to hep each other and specially new people. Sorry this has happened to you welcome back and thanks for trying again.

I'm sorry I posted and then ran away. I read a few other survivor stories and found myself so triggered
I fully understand that. I had to stop reading some survivor stories for the same reason. You are not alone. Some men are able to tell everything, even the details, while others are not. Some write their story, others do not. There is no right or wrong here. If reading stories triggers you, @ObviousStageNameIsObvious then skip the stories. Read and share what you can, there is no pressure to disclose or to read.
Welcome back :)