Maybe a little progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have told people to nuture their abused inner child, but never really known what to do. Told my T yesterday that I still questioned whether some of what I think happened really did. She asked me why a 12 year old boy would make this stuff up, particularly since i literally had no clue about sex at the time, that I knew of. Told her that I sometimes thought that I was in control of the situation, even as an adult, I know I was not. Then I asked how really does someone go back and comfort their 12 year old self.

First she told me to get a picture of myself then. Look at how little I really was. So I did. Honestly, what I found was me back then, but I don't seem that small until I look at my surroundings and realize that I was small for my age. Compare that to adults that had to be 6" to a foot taller than me and they were adults so they were definitely stronger and the illusion of of control was just that. An illusion.

Then in regards to nurturing my self she told me to stop telling my 12 year old that I doubted his story. To tell him I believed him.

Driving in the truck, I did that and the strangest thing happened. Immediately after I told little Jim/Keith(my family called me Keith) i pictured little me jump in the air, pump his fist and say "Yes" you finally believe me. Like it was some big thing that he was telling me and finally I accepted it. Long way to go, but at least I gave my suicidal kid something to be happy about.

Status
Not open for further replies.