Marked something off my bucket list

Marked something off my bucket list

Suwanee

Chatroom Moderator
Staff member
Guys,

There are very few things in this world that bring me to a point where I surrender to emotion and let everything else go with tears flowing. Besides trembling and shivering in a camp shower when I was 13, I’ve rarely experienced the amazing alchemy of tragedy and triumph that I do through music.

A few years back, my wife and I had the good fortune of sitting for a performance of Yo-Yo Ma and his cello and a single, spare piano played by John Williams. It was a bucket list item for me —and one that summoned all of the best humanity can offer through mere vibrations in the ether. I was jelly and so humbled by their mastery, and emboldened all at once, knowing this time and place in the Cosmos produced it. I was reminded of looking at the through the telescope I had as a child. A view so immense, with feet comfortsbly earthbound.

I wept after the Yo-Yo Ma concert until I could gather myself and find the exit and our car.

Tomorrow marks the year anniversary anniversary of a event that almost killed me, but yet it did not. Oh, this damned charmed life. I still have the music of the cosmos—-even if the very best, and most vital exemplars are found nowhere else but here on Terra. Thank you.

Will

Will -

what a beautiful explanation of a wonderful experience!

I had a similar experience a number of years ago. my family was traveling and one day my wife and kids wanted to go to an amusement park. I hate roller-coasters and rides of that kind, so I found an alternative - a special exhibit of Monet paintings at an art gallery. I hadn't previously been a huge fan of impressionism but decided to give it a try.

it turned out to be the most exhilarating and uplifting nd profoundly moving experience of the many visits I have made to museums and galleries. there was no comparison between the small, flat, limited printed copies in art books and the depth, richness, and beauty of the expansive full-sized canvases. and the sheer volume and mass of works concentrated on those walls was overwhelming. I was caught up and immersed in color and atmosphere and beauty.

it was one of the most emotional and spiritual few hours of my life. I left feeling refreshed, fulfilled, and exalted.

thanks for reminding me.
Lee