Man in the mirror

Taken1980

Registrant
Because of what happened many years ago, I find it saddening and confusing as to why when looking into the mirror, I can not look myself in the eyes. I find myself repugnant even though I'm told different by others. I know that what I was subjected was not my fault but for some reason I can not look myself. I hope for one day, that I can.

focusedbody

Registrant
Hey there

Your experience is not foreign to me.

While it may be a hard pill to swallow, I have had to remember that being able to feel myself is more important than actually seeing.

The feedback we get from others is kind of fascinating as well, I have found.

And some of my growth has come from trying to embrace what others are saying.

That being said, I think it is an act of bravery that can take your whole heart.

FB

Taken1980

Registrant
I am trying to get to the point of myself being more important. I've yet to get to that stage i suppose. I do feel though with being here and reading, even making a few friends that will come in time, sooner than i expect.

I'm sorry that you too have had to deal with the same events. I always thought that my bravery was actually a will to survive. My goal was to get back to my Family (brother) because he is the most important person in my life. We both had been looking for each other for so long. We are connected more that what we thought. Twins in a sense just with different outcomes in out lives.