Hi Erik, I'm glad that one counselor wanted to help you that badly. Making changes has to start with the Principal and then the the district. There have been way too many articles about some parent being angry that their school has a transgender student and some group like the ADF comes in to help the nasty parent with their feelings being upset. Facts don't matter to those who have such nasty feelings they can't accept the fact of gender. The stupid excuse of biological is for the least informed to throw from the gutter of their mind. I presume we both know the science has come a long way...

We also now know that to help the child, parents must love and accept. When the diagnosis is done, that is the crucial time to accept and love. We know all too well the self destruction of parents rejection, then school as you describe, and further bullying, etc... I self harmed, but didn't try all the way for my Body Dismorphic Disorder; back then, I had no idea what my problem was.

Becoming a target once bullied is something I've become very familiar. I only recently learned about Emotional Neglect and what that did to me, and then the bullying, and then the molesting and rape just put me in an isolation survival mode. It seems I can deal with it better in a setting I feel safe, but if I get triggered by fear, I'll be in very bad shape. Bullying is the top of my list for recovery at the moment. However, my therapist is working on how Emotional Neglect set me on the path to be bullied, so we're starting there.