Low test and trying to recover

Low test and trying to recover

iceman67

Registrant
I came out with my story a year ago. As tough as it was, I was happy to finally get it off my shoulders. Shortly after I was feeling lousy so I asked my doctor to do a blood test, including my test. The results came in and it was 212 (should be 1000). While I felt lousy, I felt it was impossible to move forward with my recovery. Several months later, while on Clomid, my test crashed again. I could feel that something was not right. I have been reading survivor stories and found I was getting too anxious. A week ago, I told my doctor that I want to inject test and HCG. I started TRT almost a week ago. I feel my counts are going up and I now have the stamina to move forward with my recovery. I plan to email a therapist and see if it would be possible just to have calls with her (something I would have never done with low test).

I share this story in case there are other guys here struggling with test and recovery.

Thoughts/comments?

Hi iceman, I've had lowT and below low most of my life. I didn't have it checked from my 20's-30's and only again turning 40. It was still low 300's, like it was my first test at about 17 or 18. I have always considered my low T a bad thing, and a top contributor to many of my physical woes, including some with stamina later in life. I finally started injecting into my upper thigh about 16 years ago?? I got tired of it about 4 years ago and just quit, then found out from my new doc, that they made a gel I can rub on my shoulders, and I went back on it. I only stop when I don't have enough money, and that's been all of 2019. I feel less stamina for sure, and I'm not talking about sexual. I don't care as much about that anymore, especially concerning my wife's abuse to me.

I know that I retained muscle mass better on T, and would go back on the gel if I had any money.

lowT, taking the Testim Gel stuff for the last few years. Insurance pays but still slightly expensive copays. And they drag their feet each time it is time to renew the Rx. I make sure and spray cologne after gel-ing, helps out with the smell. I usually apply to thighs instead of shoulders.

Last edited:
Low T here also. Diagnosed 8 years ago in 160's. Started on the patch by primary care physician who diagnosed. Had horrible skin reactions to patch and ran our of places not inflamed to put them. Went to Androgel with great response at first but like you after a while I was feeling terrible again. Finally found a doc who specialized in low T management (had it himself) and started twice a week injections of Test Cyp subcutaneous not intramuscular, combined with anastrazole (manboobs since I was a kid) and HCG subq first week of the month and I have been energized and test in 800's consistently for at least 6 years now.

When the dam broke on my bottled and denied past I stopped for six months and felt TERRIBLE but was trying to stop sex drive to stop the SSA. Eventually learned to accept myself and the wiring that likes pleasure. Still can't believe I do needles (almost passed out at marriage blood test) but they are no big deal and so many other energy, memory and other issues resolve when I am on this regimen.

Do any of you participate in any testosterone forums? I really liked and participated in Dr. John Crisler's "All Things Male" but since his death it has faded and "Testosterone Nation" with Nelson Vergel is very good but seems to be overrun at time by the body builders not the medical participants.

Definitely learning a few things. Thanks everyone for contributing to my education.

Guys,
I have been dealing with low t for the last 15 years. Shots are the best way for me to go and I feel so much better. I ran into a problem a few years back as I moved and the local docs are at least 50 years behind the times and wouldn't give me a script. Let's just say that now with no insurance and no script, I have found ways around it. I take about 300 mg a week and take nolvadex to keep my estrogen in check.

I will never not be on my test.

Low T here also. Diagnosed 8 years ago in 160's. Started on the patch by primary care physician who diagnosed. Had horrible skin reactions to patch and ran our of places not inflamed to put them. Went to Androgel with great response at first but like you after a while I was feeling terrible again. Finally found a doc who specialized in low T management (had it himself) and started twice a week injections of Test Cyp subcutaneous not intramuscular, combined with anastrazole (manboobs since I was a kid) and HCG subq first week of the month and I have been energized and test in 800's consistently for at least 6 years now.

When the dam broke on my bottled and denied past I stopped for six months and felt TERRIBLE but was trying to stop sex drive to stop the SSA. Eventually learned to accept myself and the wiring that likes pleasure. Still can't believe I do needles (almost passed out at marriage blood test) but they are no big deal and so many other energy, memory and other issues resolve when I am on this regimen.

Do any of you participate in any testosterone forums? I really liked and participated in Dr. John Crisler's "All Things Male" but since his death it has faded and "Testosterone Nation" with Nelson Vergel is very good but seems to be overrun at time by the body builders not the medical participants.
I've been on many TRT forums and chatted with tons of guys. For the most part, everyone was injecting but a few tried pill, pellets and gels but they all fail. Seems the only long term solution is injections but it comes with a risk.

Test Cyp subcutaneous not intramuscular... I have never heard of that. All I have seen is intramuscular. Where do you inject? For me, HCG in belly fat and test in the butt.

Both in the belly but any fatty area works. I use a 27g 1/2 in 10 ml needle/syringe. Takes a couple of minutes to load the test but never feel the needle and you can switch out needles to load and inject if the short wait bothers- I used to but no more.

Where are your counts now and (if you don't mind) may I ask you your age?

Private message sent

UPDATE: one week on TRT and I feel a little bit better. Cannot wait for it to reach 1000 so I can feel normal and overcome so many fears and the anxiety I have.

...more updates to come as I travel down this road to recovery.

do you do low does cyp daily sub q?
I inject 0.4 twice a week, inter-muscular, for a total of 0.8. I feel a little better but still not totally normal. Doctor said it could take six weeks before you feel anything. I think I need more but I may have to wait.

Zilla, are you on TRT as well?

Yes been on TRT for over 10 years. I take 250mg of cyp per week. I have also been known to bump it up a little. :)

Yes been on TRT for over 10 years. I take 250mg of cyp per week. I have also been known to bump it up a little. :)
250ml a week? Yikes, I am only on 0.75ml.

yes - pre-measured amounts of gel in mini-tubes - only thing my insurance will pay for.