Looking for letters of encouragement

noelw

New Registrant
Hi guys, I am working through the Courage to heal workbook, and I am at the part where I am to ask for a letter from male survivors that have "recovered" from their abuse. I don't think we ever fully recover, but I am in the emergency stage, and I am looking to add letters of encouragement to review when feeling I am in a crisis.

If this sounds like something you might be able to do, I encourage you to lend a hand, I hope someday I will be able to do the same for others.

Thank you

noelw

New Registrant
Thanks for reading and asking for further clarification

I recognize I am in an "emergency stage" my childhood sexual abuse, was something I swore I would never talk about, a secret that was going to stay with me til my death, About a year ago I started therapy to deal with this secret, from the moment I made the call, my world started to crumble, I thought I could handle it, but the reality is that I couldn't. I believe I am in more of a space to start healing from it now, and one of the suggestions the program of healing I am trying to follow is to get a letter from a survivor who has recovered. The letter is for me, and it is something that I will refer to, in dark times to help me know this pain wont last forever, and I will someday be able to recover.

This is my Survival Story and my progress from this past year since joining MS. Hopefully this will help you. Not done yet but made major progress this past year.

noelw

New Registrant
Thank you for sharing your story with me and the community, I am glad you are here, I pray we all find the peace we need to recover what was damaged

Healing light

Registrant
Hi guys, I am working through the Courage to heal workbook, and I am at the part where I am to ask for a letter from male survivors that have "recovered" from their abuse. I don't think we ever fully recover, but I am in the emergency stage, and I am looking to add letters of encouragement to review when feeling I am in a crisis.

If this sounds like something you might be able to do, I encourage you to lend a hand, I hope someday I will be able to do the same for others.

Thank you
Hi

I have not done the work book you are doing
And despite my current feelings of instability I am at a point of knowing this to will pass maybe like a kidney stones , painfully but it will and threw it other times I have found some more peace , some compassion and commitment to heal

The early days were rough dominated by fear , depression , self loathing , and bad thoughts it was a battle ground but only those closest saw the wounds and how deep they was it was dark

Each battle a made it through , each bad night , each flashback taught me something.and light started shineing through the cracks

I was a binge drinker I'm mostly sober save the odd slip , a few times a year which is really good , now I'm trying to eat healthy and have a good exercise routine after sorting out my gym addiction ( a few years gym sober lol )

My anxiety doesn't control me anymore I have more control of it, I'm really pleased I didn't jump ship on this journey because all of it has been worth it

Your not alone , keep fighting , fellow survivor
Wishing you peace in your healing journey

HL

noelw

New Registrant
Thank you, healing spirit, that is a huge help!, a great letter of encouragement! I believe we all need these to rely on, I am in a good space right now, but want to continue to collect these types of letters and to write them myself, so we can lock them away for those days where the darkened is great, thank you.

Healing light

Registrant
Thank you, healing spirit, that is a huge help!, a great letter of encouragement! I believe we all need these to rely on, I am in a good space right now, but want to continue to collect these types of letters and to write them myself, so we can lock them away for those days where the darkened is great, thank you.
Your welcome

I think it's a good idea I would of found them useful at the start of my healing journey. Know there's sincerity in my words and hope that everything turns out better than you ever expected. It sure has for me

Were fighting different battles but we're all in this together

Peace
HL