Just joined

Shyshark said:
One thing I would like to add to what my fellow gentlemen have said ...
there is much to learn in paying close attention to those with whom you have nothing in common.
Their voices hold clues 'outside the box' ... and so they offer a perspective you may not notice with those who are similar to yourself.
Well said Shyshark. Too often I find myself quickly skipping past other's experiences that I don't immediately relate to. Your recommendation is a wise one. I must be more careful to allow myself to learn from others here I don't relate so well to. Thanks!

Jack, in case you may not know parentheses around a name like Shyshark did with your name is simply online shorthand for safe hugs for you.

Once again, welcome to MS Jack!

Mike

Hi Jack, welcome. You've come to the right place to share your story, let some of that bottled up pressure out & get feedback from fellow survivors. Good luck & keep coming back.

Hi Shyshark I got your message that you are upset I did not reply to your post and I am so sorry I dont like that you are mad at me I just missed it as I was reviewing the comments here. I do appreciate the time you took.

Water under the bridge Jack and all is forgotten.
As I mentioned in my message many guys here are very touchy with feelings of being ignored, discounted or disrespected.
I am one of them.
It would not bode well for a new guy to get a reputation for doing that.
I wasn't really angry ... and I'm not.
I am particularly fond of newbies and do my best to make them feel welcome here and help them as much as I can.
I've been here for 6 years and was very active ... here pretty much every day.
I'm Bipolar and have been having problems for months now and don't come here often anymore because I feel I can't concentrate
and commit to new relations with guys who need help.
I keep trying to get back into it ... and I hope coming here now will jump start my old self making a reappearance.
:)
You'll get used to things around here. I'm sure you're a great guy.
Welcome to MS.

((((((((((((( Jack ))))))))))))))

Hi Jack,
You will find a lot of great people here. I haven't logged on for awhile, but MS was one of my first steps toward recovery. I received a lot of support here. It can be tough at times, but that is what we are here for. I am so glad you found MS. It took awhile, but I am in a good place now. I can't say the scars are gone, but I have healed and I owe a lot of my healing to the people here on MS.

hi again, Jack.

i think nervous, confused and overwhelmed is pretty standard for new people here - definitely for me, too. there's always a lot to learn when you enter a new community - acronyms and slang and just how things are generally done. we'll get there eventually!

it was great talking to you in chat. finding out we had a lot in common made me feel like i was in a place where people would understand all the crazy, messed-up stuff going on in my head without judging me, so thanks. i hope that maybe you feel just a bit less alone, too. you seem like a good guy, and i'm glad we both found our way here (even though i'm sorry you needed to, too).