It was't meant to be this hectic

It was't meant to be this hectic
I downloaded a meditation app which lets me choose a 1, 3, 5 or 10 minute meditation. My normal day is: get up at 4:30, throw together a lunch and head to the gym. I average 8-10 meetings a day. Often I am double booked leaving one meeting early to go to another late. Sometimes I sit in one meeting while I am dialed into another on line. Between (and during meetings) I am writing emails, instant messaging and trying to complete action items from a previous meeting. I often stop by the grocery store on the way home, help cook dinner, clean up after dinner then pack the kids lunches. It is just go, go, go.

I was so agitated during my session with my T this week that he stopped the session to have me do 5 minutes of breathing. At the end he asked how I felt. He said "this is what relaxed feels like". It was ridiculous that he even had to introduce me to what relaxed feels like. Life just wasn't meant to be lived at such a hectic pace. I am grateful for an app that encourages me to relax if only for a minute or two. But life just wasn't mean to be lived at this pace.

I am told I don't know how to relax... And apparently I don't. I'll be watching this with interest.

What is this relaxation you speak of? It is unknown to my people...

I hope the meditation stuff works.for you, Greg123. I get up early in the morning, before my wife and daughter. A few hours early before I go to work. I get a cup of coffee, I might read a chapter from my Bible, and then I turn the light off and sit there in the dark. I might just be still and think about things going on, or I might play one of my playlists on my iPod. But the point is, I sit there and be still and relax.

I find some therapy there.
Alone.
In the dark.