It’s good to talk

Troy86

Registrant
Sometimes it’s easier said than done. Which leads to being withdrawn, distant, and I guess a little lonely. Be nice to interact a little more with others. Any messages would be welcome.

HenryD

Registrant
Hello Troy,
I know and understand exactly what you mean. We all go through periods where withdrawing is a necessary part of the healing process. Be well, and feel free to PM me should you want to feel less alone.
Henry

ODAT

Registrant
Troy,
Sometimes I need to step away and take a break from MS when things get too intense.
Come back as you’re ready. Many great men are hrrr for you…

Wharf_Rat

Registrant
Yes, it's good to talk, and I've done little of it in my life. I hate my voice and I feel that I'm annoying people when I talk to them, so I try to do as little as possible most of the time. At the group sessions I attend a few times a week, I'm encouraged to speak. The facilitators try to be as fair as possible and get everyone a chance to say something every session. That has helped a lot. I say "Hi" to my neighbors every one in a while, too.
Support groups are a big help if you want to become more comfortable with talking to people.

Last edited:

Troy86

Registrant
Yes, it's good to talk, and I've done little of it in my life. I hate my voice and I feel that I'm annoying people when I talk to them, so I try to do as little as possible ost of the time. At the group sessions I attend a few times a week, I'm encouraged to speak. The facilitators try to be as fair as possible and get everyone a chance to say something every session. That has helped a lot. I say "Hi" to my neighbors every one in a while, too.
Support groups are a big help if you want to become more comfortable with talking to people.
Thanks. Not to sure the group therapy would be for me. I think the anxiety of going would out weigh the benefits.

betrayed boy

Greeter
Staff member
hi troy, as i live alone and im retired almost 2 years now i dont have much contact with others add in covid and the other stuff out there and i feel like a hermit, i guess my main place to talk with others is here in chat mostly, i know its been slow for a good while but theres still a few of us that use it still i know theres a big time difference from ny to where you are but when i cant sleep i log in at all hours of the night anymore, and now the healing circle is back (moderated chat room) which is a good place to connect with others its ny time just be in chat around 730pm again i know theres the time difference but give it a try if you can...........BB

GarryDex

Registrant
Sometimes it’s easier said than done. Which leads to being withdrawn, distant, and I guess a little lonely. Be nice to interact a little more with others. Any messages would be welcome.
I'm getting better at taking with others, it's honestly been a process. I went for 8 years talking to 10 people. Of those 2 were my children. One my ex, that always brought up emotions that hurt every time. 3 were family members that I rather not have had to talk to but no option. That left 4, and I never told them of the pain and turmoil that I lived every day.

Now, well I can small talk. I do groups over zoom. A couple of 12 step groups a week. My therapist however is the only person IRL that I've opened up to. Not always easy, I have struggled to tell her about the CSA that was my life for years. I struggle even with this. I never tell others due to fear, shame, guilt and sometimes self loathing. Your not alone. I'm working on looking at myself in a mirror. Haven't done that and actually looked at myself for nearly a decade. I tend to shatter them, not being able to face myself.

Despite this I'm open here.