Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Striver

Registrant
Hi - I just recently found this group from a referral from an attorney who is working with claims against the Boy Scouts. Although I am not able to file a claim, the attorney cared enough about my situation to suggest MaleSurvivor. I've learned so much about myself, as well as things that I "blocked out" of my memory, just in this past week alone. I am looking forward to continuing this long process of recovery, and am filled with hope. I know it can be a long road, but even now, I am beginning to have a sense of understanding and peace that I haven't felt in years. I'll post my personal story in the Survivor Stories sometime soon. I am so glad I found this group, and to know that I am not alone. Thank you. -Steve

Hi Steve,

I am glad you found your way here. Take your time posting your story or anything for that matter. When I was young, I didn't understand peace as even something that could reside inside of me. Now I know it, reach for and nurture it. We can be at peace.

Welcome, Striver/ Steve!
I'm sorry for your need to seek a place like this, but glad you found MS.

Glad you've discovered the group, Steve! I'm a new arrival myself, and I've already found so much help and comfort here. It's great to see someone else doing the same. You'll find a lot of kindred spirits.

Also, I wonder if there are others here who were the target of abuse from a Boy Scout leader. It was a one time occurrence, but it affected my development into adulthood. I had been told that if I didn't remember all of the details, it must not have happened. Now I know that is not true. This may be too much information for the "Introductions" page, so possibly better suited for one of the forums. Thanks for listening. -Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome to MS. Lots of good guys here to share with, we all have our own stories but we do struggle with the same issues. Glad the Lawyer referred you here. There are several guys that were abused as scouts here, So you are not alone here, many will understand what you have to say and you will know what they are talking about as well. Good luck on your healing journey. Good to meet you.

Take good care

Striver

I am a victim of an assistant scoutmaster from age 11 to 15.5. Groomed from before 10 as he was a childhood friend of my dads and a communion serving elder in our church. We are NOT alone. Many others here suffered under the flag of Baden- Powell

Thanks -- sorry to hear that the Boy Scouts failed you as well. It had the potential to be a really great organization. Instead, our scoutmaster used it as an opportunity, which ruined it for me, and others as well. In my case, it had only been a one-time occurrence, but that was enough to affect me in the way I developed into adulthood, which I carried with me throughout my entire life. I'm glad I found the support here.

Hello, everyone. I found this out of sheer luck. I look forward to making lasting friendships as we all continue to keep our heads held high as we try to heal the best way we can. It's an honor to be here amongst you all. Thank you for having me.

Hello, everyone. I found this out of sheer luck. I look forward to making lasting friendships as we all continue to keep our heads held high as we try to heal the best way we can. It's an honor to be here amongst you all. Thank you for having me.
Welcome, JFR! You are no longer alone!! We are here for you any way we can be!

Richard, I'd encourage you to post your own introduction so folks can offer you support directly. This introduction is a bit lost in Steve's thread. We all want to support you as well as Steve.