Intro

Intro

JfromGA

Registrant
Hi,
I’m new here. Joined yesterday and have had some positive interactions. Posted my story in ASA forum. Trying to overcome a lot that has overwhelmed me recently. Hoping this forum will be a tool to do so.
J

Welcome,
I'm new here myself having joined last week. I responded to your story, and it took a lot of courage really to tell your story. It's sad how much we have in common, everyone here, but it's heartening as well to see courage through suffering.

Thanks @Someone for reaching out. I’m glad we’ve found a place with common ground. I’m slowly reading some of the posts. It’s painful. But, most are promising.
And, I’m not sure it was courage or the wine that helped me put that in writing. I journaled it after my diagnosis, then told the therapist, so I’m on the 3rd recounting of it. It’s still torture. I just hope it leads me somewhere better. And, I’m dreading telling it the 4th time…to my wife. I’ve given her the very zoomed out version. My T advised to wait 4-6 weeks and write out a cliff notes version for her to spare the details. Will see how that goes. She’s been so supportive, but I’m not sure she will be able to comprehend all the feelings and emotions this event caused and is causing now. We shall see.

I'm glad your wife is supportive with everything you are going through. I have a close relative, my favorite aunt, with whom I need to discuss my rape in college. She knows about the PTSD, therapy, and something else that's big, which requires some explanation. I think, how is she going to feel when I tell her, even if it's just enough? As for how I feel, can she know how a man finds value in protecting himself and others? What a worthless feeling when that is stripped away. This is only one issue we have. Nevertheless, the female therapists I have had, viscerally understand rape better than did the male ones. I know my aunt will look at me differently, the cost of her support. Yes, she will look at who I am, because I won't being hiding it from her anymore.