I'm doing pretty good......

I'm doing pretty good......
Hi all,

I just wanted to check in and say that things are going very well for me right now. A lot of people were laid off where I worked but I was transferred to another group in the company. My new position is working out very well, I'm appreciated and I'm getting a lot of things accomplished. I decided to do something worthwhile in the community so I signed up for training so that I could be a volunteer for the local rape crisis intervention 24 hr. hotline. I've taken 2 classes so far out of a 55 hr. training course. I am very pleased at the acceptance and understanding that I've encountered there from the staff and the other attendees. The crisis line coordinator here says that they can really use males on the hotline and to serve as victim advocates. I'm ready for this and I feel that I can be of service. This is sort of coming full circle for me and it feels good.

There are still plenty of things that are a little crazy in my life and my family but if there's nothing I can do about it I'm not worrying about it. I'm going to do what I can do and enjoy it.

Take good care of yourselve everyone,

Steve

Steve,

That sounds great dude,, doing some type of service work like that is so good for your heart,, i know for me when i do things like that it does wonders for my self esteem.

I wish you the best with everything!

John

Steve,

I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. Things have a way of working themselves out most of the time. I think that survivors have a tendency to try to control things due to the lack of control we have experienced as we were abused. This need to control, very often makes us feel overwhelmed and powerless. I'm trying to learn to let this stuff go.

God Bless,

Brian