I need to live in my own body

Celtaf

Registrant
As the title says. I have been avoiding dealing with my own body for so many years. I remember a dim long ago time in my early childhood though when I did enjoy being in the physical world, and a few times since. I am badly out of shape. The only consistent exercise I do is walking up and down stairs out of sheer necessity. This has to stop. I know one of the results of my abuse and the aftermath of those years is self hatred. I am tired of hating myself.

Starting tomorrow morning, I am going to resume going for a daily walk, stretching, and doing some light lifting. This time, however, I am going to talk myself through body work as I do it. I need to start not merely living in a body, but trying to be a complete human being again. Please keep me in your thoughts and send me encouragement if you can.

manipulated

Staff member
Hey Celtaf at one of the Weekend of Recovery events a T reminded us it takes 30 repetitive days to break a habit or establish a new one and vocal reinforcement helps so I wrote I am worthy of love on 60 sticky notes and put them all over my bathroom mirror. Every morning I made myself peel one and say aloud “I am worthy of love” same every night as I went to bed - it helped change my mindset. Maybe just a daily reminder for a month that you are worthy of exercise?

Celtaf

Registrant
Hey Celtaf at one of the Weekend of Recovery events a T reminded us it takes 30 repetitive days to break a habit or establish a new one and vocal reinforcement helps so I wrote I am worthy of love on 60 sticky notes and put them all over my bathroom mirror. Every morning I made myself peel one and say aloud “I am worthy of love” same every night as I went to bed - it helped change my mindset. Maybe just a daily reminder for a month that you are worthy of exercise?
I think something like that can help. Sometimes willingness to act needs to be encouraged. Thank you.