i do not mean to complain especially since i am new, but....

i do not mean to complain especially since i am new, but....

godsrabbit

Registrant
there's no q&a place on this forum, so i was not sure where to put this...

the ubb format is driving me a bit insane (though admittedly it is a short trip these days)...i have been to places like christiansurvivors.com and the vbulletin format is so much more gentle on the eyes, convenient, and functional...has anyone ever considered using a more user-friendly software to run this forum...?

i hear so many complaining of why do women get x y and z and men get the "shaft"...well why do we have ubb when christiansurvivors.com (which is a forum for men and women but is predominantly run by women for women at this time...) have a slicker, more accessible board?

i am in no way meaning to slam this forum...i want to help...i have a vbulletin license if it is "cost" that is keeping us down...and though i am no "expert" i know the tech end of the .php and mysql system well enough to set it up, get it running, and administrate it...it is very intuitive and very simple...i would be happy to teach someone...or set it up myself...

i am sorry if this is not the right way to broach this subject...i just had a moment of righteous indignation at the fact that ubb is so cruddy and this forum can be so good...

if i am completely out of line, please forgive me...i know the administrators here are not responsible for the functionality of the ubb system and i hope you understand this is not a personal attack...just my completely awkward way of asking if i can help...if you have looked into vbulletin and do not like it (some people do not)...then i understand and will just shut up.

~ rabbit

Hey Rabbit,

Glad you brought this up. My problem is different but I can't seem to get it solved. Have any other members not been able to get access to Member's Only boards? The webmaster has tried twice to coach me through it but with no luck.

E.T.

Hey guys, i am also not able to access the member areas, i do not know why.

Hi folks:
The Members section is for people who are paid members of MaleSurvivor. When someone registers for the discussion forum or chat, they get a guest membership but the member section of the board is a "perk" for those who are paying members.

While some have said this is discriminatory, please remember that the website is supported by members' dues and we need to encourage as many as we can to become paying members. Hope you will consider joining MS.

Ken Singer
Board of Directors

I would add that there is a need for some level of 'restriction' of access also, due to some of the content nature.

I.e. Veiwer Discretion is Advised

Ken - I paid my membership dues but still am not permitted access to the member discussion board. Am I missing something?

Howard

BTW: Thanks for the e-mail!!

I also paid my membership fees over a month ago. How do i proceed from there?

Hey guys, I got on the member's board on Saturday and wonder if you did too? I e-mailed the Dean and he forwarded my concern replying that bugs are still being worked out. Good Luck!

Howard