How do I post pics on the new platform?

I think you have to link to photos hosted on another website using the "insert photo" icon above to the left of the smiley. This means you need a hosting site that preserves your images. I do that for my photography but that is a public venue I wouldn't wish to use for material I post here. It requires you to upload the images to the host, then link to them here. I've appreciated the photos of teddy bears and am beginning to feel my bears need a bit of attention too... so perhaps I'll look for a second photo host.

Thanks Visitor and for the host suggestion NC and you obviously clicked my link. but how did you get my photo to load instead of just the link displayed as it did for me? Sorry I am so inept.

Click on the image icon to the left of the smiley face, a drop down box will appear where you can then past the link address to the photo and it will show up as only a photo

I did the image box and got an error message so I pasted the link but all I see is the host info not the photo. I can click on the host info and the photo appears but..

I did the image box and got an error message so I pasted the link but all I see is the host info not the photo. I can click on the host info and the photo appears but..
on website with the photo, long-press the photo, then select view image in new tab. go to that tab, then copy the url. THAT is the image link. you have been trying to post the website as a picture. You need to isolate the location of the pic (should end in ".jpg" or ".png" or ".gif")