How do I delete my malesurvivor.org account?

WriterKeith

Registrant
Trying to politely leave shouldn't be so complicated. Thanks to anyone who is willing to offer instructions. Stay safe and well, everyone! :)

manipulated

Staff member
WriterKeith
It is and has been Male Survivor policy to not delete or remove accounts except in very unusual circumstances. Posts are available for you to edit.

Unexpected

Registrant
I am curious about the rationale MS has about not allowing accounts to be deleted. I can imagine any number of reasons, and am wondering about this. I am not interested in deleting my own account, but think it would be a good idea to give a heads up to people about this policy before they create an account - which MS may do and I just forgot about it.

The scared kid in me hates to see this as a place that not everyone can get along. I know this forum was created to help people and I get scared when someone expresses displeasure. The adult in me knows that not every place or environment is for every person and that's ok and furthemore, I know we're all doing the best we can given our circumstances. just needed to say it. That's all.

WriterKeith

Registrant
The scared kid in me hates to see this as a place that not everyone can get along. I know this forum was created to help people and I get scared when someone expresses displeasure. The adult in me knows that not every place or environment is for every person and that's ok and furthemore, I know we're all doing the best we can given our circumstances. just needed to say it. That's all.
Mick74, just to reassure you and anyone else reading this, my question is not related to not getting along with anyone here. When I joined this site many years ago I never envisioned I would become a public speaker telling my story. Through an unusual turn of events, I was compelled to do so to help other male survivors and those who try to love us.

Also, I did not accurately estimate the magnitude of the impact and response sharing my story would have on the general public. This topic is much more prevalent than any one of us could imagine. At this point I believe ALL of the statistics frequently quoted (one in six men) reflect an outdated number of reported incidents and do not acknowledge a greater number of incidents left unreported.

I enrolled at ms.org with the screen name "WriterKeith" that has led many audience members of my public presentations to identify me and to read my personal conversations here. Although I'm willing to share a lot with the public, I always liked the idea that MS was a place where my private conversations were hidden from the public eye. For years I poured myself into this site's forum and chat conversations, trusting they were private and personal and safe. My public efforts to advocate for male survivors changed all that.

Also, I do believe that survivors have the right to speak publicly of our stories without giving up ALL of our privacy.
Every survivor needs and deserves a "safe place." Years ago when I enrolled here, I was unaware.

Malesurvivor.org offers no option to revise a screen name or delete an account. The only option is to let it lie dormant. It is what it is.

Stay the course and find your "whole" self, brother,
Keith

Last edited:

Guss

Registrant
If you are being stalked, I believe it is possible to get a new nick. I know someone who did. I am not sure if they just created a new account or if Admin changed it for them.
Manipulated stated you could edit posts. Maybe, you can delete what you want hidden.

WriterKeith

Registrant
If you are being stalked, I believe it is possible to get a new nick. I know someone who did. I am not sure if they just created a new account or if Admin changed it for them.
Manipulated stated you could edit posts. Maybe, you can delete what you want hidden.
Thanks, man. At one point I did delete all of my posts, but they transferred and reinstated when MS.org converted to a new platform. Although anyone conversing with me in forums or chat could not be identified by "outsiders," I am rather easily identified because of my public speaking engagements. This is MY mistake, not ms.org's. When I registered and selected a screen name I never imagined I would speak publicly and that the public could research me and come across my comments and conversations that I assumed would be private. No one from my audiences has been disrespectful or anything, but I always appreciated this place where I could openly share in confidence and privacy. I made a bad choice in a ms.org screen name.

On the other hand, it's not a terminal disease or virus or anything, so I'll weather it just fine. It's just a simple life lesson.

Thanks,
Keith

Last edited:

TJ jeff

Staff member
Keith,

Reach out to Former Texan or Chase Eric through PM - they may be able to help you

WriterKeith

Registrant
Keith,

Reach out to Former Texan or Chase Eric through PM - they may be able to help you
Thanks for the suggestion, TJ Jeff.
Yes, I contacted them and an administrator. It's against ms.org policy to delete accounts. It's okay, I'll deal with it. In the big picture I'm fortunate to have such a small problem.
Stay safe and well!

WriterKeith

Registrant
Thanks, Guss.
As always, FormerTexan is on the job and helping me remedy the situation with a new screen name.:)

I'm not being stalked but I have been trailed by some folks who attended events where I have spoken. With good intentions, they tried to connect with me by doing a Google search. My current MS screen name gives enough information that anyone keen enough can identify me here. At first I was okay with it, but I began to recognize that I need to keep this site my "safe place" to disclose and discuss freely. I volunteer with 3 sexual abuse organizations and I realize the importance of having this place where I can find support and encouragement for myself, in confidence.

I have no shame in standing in publicly disclosing that I am a male survivor, but some of my personal thoughts and private information I have shared her on ms.org I'd prefer to keep in private discussions here among my fellow survivors. I think it's healthy to maintain a place I can go where I may share in safety and confidence.
Thanks again!

When I joined this site many years ago I never envisioned I would become a public speaker telling my story. Through an unusual turn of events, I was compelled to do so to help other male survivors and those who try to love us.

Also, I did not accurately estimate the magnitude of the impact and response sharing my story would have on the general public. This topic is much more prevalent than any one of us could imagine. At this point I believe ALL of the statistics frequently quoted (one in six men) reflect an outdated number of reported incidents and do not acknowledge a greater number of incidents left unreported.

I enrolled at ms.org with the screen name "WriterKeith" that has led many audience members of my public presentations to identify me and to read my personal conversations here. Although I'm willing to share a lot with the public, I always liked the idea that MS was a place where my private conversations were hidden from the public eye. For years I poured myself into this site's forum and chat conversations, trusting they were private and personal and safe. My public efforts to advocate for male survivors changed all that.

Also, I do believe that survivors have the right to speak publicly of our stories without giving up ALL of our privacy.
Every survivor needs and deserves a "safe place." Years ago when I enrolled here, I was unaware.

Malesurvivor.org offers no option to revise a screen name or delete an account. The only option is to let it lie dormant. It is what it is.

Stay the course and find your "whole" self, brother,
Keith
I admire your courage and vulnerability...

WriterKeith

Registrant
I admire your courage and vulnerability...
Thank you, SDD757, that means a lot to me. It really does.
I don't see myself as "courageous," but "cornered."
It's a common trait among male survivors to do things for the male survivor community that we would never do for ourselves.
I admire YOUR courage.