Home Button Added to Forum Nav Bar

brother2none

Staff member
An FYI... a Home button has been added to the Forum nav bar. The buttons now read left to right: Home | Forums | What's New | Members.
Connected to this addition, the MaleSurvivor logo at top of screen now links to the homepage https://malesurvivor.org/
These changes were done to encourage site visitors who arrive to the site from a search engine to a forum landing page, which is most often the case, to encourage them to visit the main homepage to learn more about the organization, its mission, and how to support MaleSurvivor.
New site users is up 28% for the period Mar 30, 2020 - Apr 11, 2020 compared to the prior period. Curious to know how this uptick jives with your experience as volunteers, greeters, moderators. Thanks, b2n.

Dewey2k

Staff member
These buttons aren't present on mobile, at least not on my phone.

i see it, click the 3 bars, it is above "Forums"

nice

manipulated

Staff member
Glad there is a link to the home page handy finally!!! Many forum users weren’t aware there was a home page when referred to resources.

brother2none

Staff member
Yes, there was no way to navigate into the non-forum part of the site, and many did not know there is a nonprofit organization with 25 years of history behind it.

If there are any other user interface suggestions like this to suggest, please shoot them to me. For instance, I am making incremental improvements to the navigation, menus and links from the static site to the forum and chat. Lots of room for improvement in this direction. It is staggering the loss of viewers from the static side to the forum, most never make it to the forum!!

Another area... we need to do a better job explaining the scope and breadth of the forum on this page in particular: https://malesurvivor.org/healing-conversations/

What I'd love to see is an insider's guide to how to use the forum, top ten tips for forum use/navigation/searching.... that kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.