Hello, folks.

Hello, folks.

erh2

Registrant
Great to be here. I was very pleased to see this site existed. During my regular therapy (which I’ve been doing for about 5 years now for diagnosed OCD) in the summer of 2018, I slowly found out I was sexually abused by my family, most likely my mother. Obviously this was quite life shattering. I also slowly came to the realization that my whole childhood was very sexualized with multiple family members and friends. What’s hard is that most of these memories are fuzzy for me. I mainly experience very, very intense flashbacks and body memories along with the occasional panic attack. Currently going through a great treatment program to get the strength and confidence to confront my family about these issues. Throughout all of this, I have an amazing supportive wife at my side. Which I am very thankful for.

Happy to have a place outside of therapy to air thoughts and feelings on this subject. Thanks for reading!

Welcome, erh2! It is very nice to meet you. I am so glad you are here. Please feel free to reach out anytime. Many blessings!!

Welcome! Sorry you needed to find us but glad you did. You will find guys here that will understand because that is why we are here too.

Definitely good wishes for you on your healing journey. Your story is not unfamiliar, at least among a significant number of men here... the memories coming late and involved a mother. You may wish to check out the forum titled Survivors of Female Abuse. You're definitely not alone with all of this. You'll find wonderful support here from men who know this territory from first hand experience. All the best on your journey.

Definitely good wishes for you on your healing journey. Your story is not unfamiliar, at least among a significant number of men here... the memories coming late and involved a mother. You may wish to check out the forum titled Survivors of Female Abuse. You're definitely not alone with all of this. You'll find wonderful support here from men who know this territory from first hand experience. All the best on your journey.

Thank you, kindly! It's good to know I am in the right place. I appreciate the kind words.