Hello fellow vets!

Hello fellow vets!

PghPaGuy

Registrant
Navy vet here. Active duty from 1985-1989. Served onboard a destroyer. Traveled to amazing countries. Home port, Norfolk, VA.

Also Navy. 1973-79. Cambodia, evacuation of Saigon. On many ships and planes. Home port Little Creek. VA

Navy Vet. 1980-1985. Sorry you too have to be here. Hope things go well for you. Last tour: cincusnaveur FOSIC, London UK

Home port, Norfolk, VA.

Air Force retiree here. I saw all but two continents, South America and Antarctica. It wasn't for a lack of trying, I volunteered (more than once) for a 1 year tour at McMurdo Base (it's a cool medal). Sadly they didn't need a Space Systems Operator.

Before that I was a life long Navy brat born at Leigh Memorial Hospital in Norfolk, VA. I spent a good portion of my adolescent years hanging around the 600 lbs. steam lab at Great Lakes Naval Training Center. Lived in Chief's family housing in Forrestal Village.

Welcome Aboard!

Navy 87-92. Engineman. Norfolk, New Orleans, Little Creek, but mostly just “haze grey and underway“ went to boot camp and a school in Great Lakes. Saw a bit of the world too.

Marine Corps 1992-1998 Helicopter squadron Avionics. Iwakuni Japan and Camp Lejeune NC (Bosnia & Somalia) deployed with 6thFleet LHD1 USS Wasp.

Marine's 75-79 communications,, Parris island,,Camp Lejeune 8th comm. ,, Kaneohe Hawaii 2/3 marines - 2 floats west-pac (shellback) Aussy land (golden shellback) back to Lejeune 2nd recon ,, USS Tripoli,, USS vancover,, USS Ogden 1 or 2 others ( it was a long time ago lol ) any Navy guys go thru shellback initiations ? worst part was kissing the Royal baby lol now that was nasty.