Hello All

Hello All

PghPaGuy

Registrant
Starting this year, I decided to start talking to a therapist about sex abuse I experienced as a child, teen and as an adult. I'm 53 years old and I need to have questions answered; to find others who have experienced the same; and to someday come to peace and acceptance with the past and to accept myself for who I am today. It's hard to talk about, of course, and it gives me anxiety to do so; but I also know that talking about it, not keeping it in anymore, not allowing it to "let go"; not being able to forgive will help in the end and I'll be able to die without any regrets. Thanks for reading, take care - D

Welcome D. It is always sad when another man arrives to tell his story, reminding me there are so many of us. At the same time, I'm glad you found us and decided to introduce yourself as a sexual abuse survivor. You'll meet a great many men here who know that territory from first hand experience. Your intention to start talking about all of this is laudable. Those of us who've been at this for awhile know that telling the truth is where we must begin. My hope is you'll be gentle with yourself as you unpack your history. Most of us encounter confusion and shame along the way, mixed with terror, rage and grief... what I call the residue of trauma. Familiarize yourself with this wonderful website. There are forums on wide ranging topics. Although we've all experienced the pain of sexual abuse it has come in a wide variety of situations and different ages, so forums allow us to go more deeply where the pain is buried. Share as you feel motivated and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. You're not alone with any of this. Men here understand and are prepared to offer support as you pursue your healing journey. All the best to you along the way.

D, welcome to MS. I am sorry you had to find us but glad you did. As Visitor said, you will meet a lot of us that you will be able to identify with. While each of our stories is unique to our situation, the commonalities are what make this such a great place. You will meet people who were abused at different ages. You will meet men who have been assaulted as adults.

Take this at your pace, look around, write anything you need to. Ask any question you want. You are most welcome here.

Welcome D. It is always sad when another man arrives to tell his story, reminding me there are so many of us. At the same time, I'm glad you found us and decided to introduce yourself as a sexual abuse survivor. You'll meet a great many men here who know that territory from first hand experience. Your intention to start talking about all of this is laudable. Those of us who've been at this for awhile know that telling the truth is where we must begin. My hope is you'll be gentle with yourself as you unpack your history. Most of us encounter confusion and shame along the way, mixed with terror, rage and grief... what I call the residue of trauma. Familiarize yourself with this wonderful website. There are forums on wide ranging topics. Although we've all experienced the pain of sexual abuse it has come in a wide variety of situations and different ages, so forums allow us to go more deeply where the pain is buried. Share as you feel motivated and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. You're not alone with any of this. Men here understand and are prepared to offer support as you pursue your healing journey. All the best to you along the way.
Thank you

D, welcome to MS. I am sorry you had to find us but glad you did. As Visitor said, you will meet a lot of us that you will be able to identify with. While each of our stories is unique to our situation, the commonalities are what make this such a great place. You will meet people who were abused at different ages. You will meet men who have been assaulted as adults.

Take this at your pace, look around, write anything you need to. Ask any question you want. You are most welcome here.
Thank you