Healing Circle - Every Sunday Night

Healing Circle - Every Sunday Night

FormerTexan

Administrator
Staff member
Healing Circle for GBTQ resumes on September 25 at 7PM mountain/9PM eastern. This is a drop-in group separate from the general chat. If interested, please familiarize yourself with the guidelines below, and come join us.

[font:Arial Black]GBTQ Discussion Group: Healing Circle[/font]
Sundays 9pm -11pm Eastern

Sunday evenings part discussion group, part healing circle, but all for us, the GBTQ [Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning] members of MaleSurvivor. The purpose of having a GBTQ specific group is to give us a safe environment in which to use our voices to discuss our issues. Often times GBTQ members feel they must censor themselves when speaking of our issues to keep from triggering other members. Having our own group, we empower us to delve into issues that we may shy from discussing elsewhere on the site.

The idea is to allow us to openly discuss issues that may pertain to the site or topics that are more general as opposed to a specific members recovery. For example, we could discuss societys misconceptions of homosexuals, pedophiles and male survivors. We will also have time where we share the floor with survivors to give support and work on recovery.

In order to promote orderliness and a sense of safety in this environment, some structure and rules have to be in place:
  • What is said in the room stays in the room. Confidentiality is important in dealing with sharing sensitive subject matter. If you wish to share about yourself in any threads, then that is totally up to you. The exception will be information we wish to be shared to enhance the site or site management to make MaleSurvivor safer or more effective as a place of recovery.
  • Check out with the room before leaving for the evening. Dropping out without a graceful exit tends to raise questions with others like Did I say something wrong? If you must leave quickly, try to send the facilitator a quick PM and he can pass that on to the rest of the room. Try also to understand someone may be having technical difficulties that necessitate an unplanned exit.
  • No personal attacks or name calling of any kind on other members of the circle. We are all looking for support here, not criticism.
  • Information gained from sources outside of the circle (i.e. chat, PMs, etc.) should not be disclosed inside the circle. Confidentiality should be maintained as a two-way street.
FACILITATORS
Andy, aka nevragan
Other, to be determined

GROUP INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Meet in chat at start time and you will be invited into the private Healing Circle room.

===========================================================
Below is some information on how the meetings work, please print this out so you can reference it during the meeting.

CHECK IN
When we start the Group, there may be some short announcements before check-in time. Afterwards, when check-in time has arrived, type CI if you would like to do a check-in. If you feel inclined to pass, simply type CI pass. Check Ins should be a sentence or two about how you are doing

REQUESTING FLOOR TIME
If you have a specific issue to share for the evening which needs some length of time, during check-in time would be the best time to indicate that time is needed for sharing. Simply state that you could use some time or need time. In a two-hour time frame, the maximum number of people who need time is best kept at four or less. If we have eight people needing time, no one would get any productive sharing or feedback for the evening. If there happens to be time after everyone has shared, anyone else who wants to share will be notified via PM that there is X amount of time left if they wish to utilize this.

Always type done when you are finished sharing feedback, questions, etc, for your turn. This indicates to the facilitator that the next person can be called upon to share their feedback, question, etc.

FEEDBACK
If you feel compelled to offer feedback for someone, simply type FB and when the last person who was sharing types done you should be called upon next. Once in a while a person may get skipped amidst the managing of a busy room, and one of us relies on another to keep us up on who requests feedback, so please be patient if you were overlooked, and you will be called upon. If you are the one who is sharing a specific item and desire no feedback, please let the room know by typing

Is this group still current?

Yes. Moderated by Anomalous. Just be in Chat before 9 pm Eastern and he will ask who is interested and go off to invite everyone to a private room off the lounge. Questions pm him, myself or ask in chat most of the time one or more active participants are around. Hope you join our circle soon.

Not tonight. Left my computer at office and not going back to get it. Sure hoping a new forum upgrade where chat works with phones is coming soon.

Hi TW16, Anomalous would post a cancellation, and has not for this Sunday. I'm nearly certain, except the unforeseen, this Sunday will meet.

Sorry Jak the Healing Circle was suspended with the site upgrade over a year or so ago. However a new chat is on the horizon and it will hopefully resume with that.

didn't HC become open to all, and not just GBTQ? (closed since Jan 2019)

Yes. I didn’t even know it’s roots as LGBTQ until yesterday lol. I think I am glad we are survivors and no longer dividers.

Hey guys, any luck on anyone starting a zoom meeting to pick up where this left off? I’m part of a smaller group of married men who act out with men and it’s been nice to have a different baseline to start our healing without judgement.

I regularly use Zoom for 12 Step meetings and it is a wonderful resource. If it were available for men here I'd be very interested in participating. I know it can be a bit tricky regarding anonymity, which is so important in this community, but there may be a way to deal with that. A professional Zoom account is relatively inexpensive. I'm curious what other members and moderators have to say on the subject.

Is this still dead? Thanks.