Happiness Journal

BDD

Registrant
I am disappointed with one aspect of my relationship with my bodybuilding coach. I hold back on the giddy excitement I feel all around this pursuit. He knows it, because I tell him, but I am restrained in his presence. Part is, I don't want to look a fool or un-masculine. I told him today and he had a wonderful suggestion: a Happiness Journal!

It sounded so simple until I faced the empty page tonight. But I got to thinking about why I think it's a worthy exercise. I want to explore the things that make me happy, appreciate that joy, foster it, grow it and respect it as much as I do any other state. In starting, I realized that I am a very lucky person. I thought of all the tears I have ever shed. I know for a fact, the majority were from feeling joy or awestruck wonder. Sure I have cried from pain and sorrow. But on balance, it's mostly for positive things.

I suspect as I prep fro the competition in April most of my entries will be about it. Tonight I wrote: I have always paid attention to muscular men. Seeing my bodybuilding progress makes me happy. Residing in a physique I would notice is a joy. I smile to myself when I see new lines and forms on my body. It may be a sin, but I am proud to be honing it into this shape.

What would you write?

Healing light

Registrant
I am disappointed with one aspect of my relationship with my bodybuilding coach. I hold back on the giddy excitement I feel all around this pursuit. He knows it, because I tell him, but I am restrained in his presence. Part is, I don't want to look a fool or un-masculine. I told him today and he had a wonderful suggestion: a Happiness Journal!

It sounded so simple until I faced the empty page tonight. But I got to thinking about why I think it's a worthy exercise. I want to explore the things that make me happy, appreciate that joy, foster it, grow it and respect it as much as I do any other state. In starting, I realized that I am a very lucky person. I thought of all the tears I have ever shed. I know for a fact, the majority were from feeling joy or awestruck wonder. Sure I have cried from pain and sorrow. But on balance, it's mostly for positive things.

I suspect as I prep fro the competition in April most of my entries will be about it. Tonight I wrote: I have always paid attention to muscular men. Seeing my bodybuilding progress makes me happy. Residing in a physique I would notice is a joy. I smile to myself when I see new lines and forms on my body. It may be a sin, but I am proud to be honing it into this shape.

What would you write?
That's a good question.
I do a nature journal which is good for me
Might try this as well
Thanks for sharing

Peace
HL

alexdevries

Registrant

What would you write?
Stay fit in case your abuser tries to harm you, you stand a better chance of not getting hurt.

CarbonTiger

Registrant
A Happiness journal.

I love this idea! I can be mindful and write my gratitude. I'm moving across country next week to be with my partner. I have an extra one that can be used for this exercise. I'd rather focus on the good, the joyful aspects of life and general things that make me happy.

Its science that we attract what we focus on. I'm hoping to continue this healing journey now with the support of my partner. I want to be better than I was & I want to prove a few things to myself along the way.

Thanks for a great idea, even if its small or simple. Cheers! :cool: