Gratitude

Gratitude

Gaya

New Registrant
Thanks for helping me to feel welcome and for providing a home for male survivors. I am newly joined to participate in the family and friends forum. I work in health care in South Carolina, USA. I have a young adult son who is a survivor of molestation and also have patients and friends who are survivors. I am vicariously affected by their suffering. I want to better support them, and all survivors, and also to avail myself of support and further education. There have been situations in which I knew abuse was happening and took action but did not prevail, did not succeed in making it stop. In my personal life and in my work, I see the toll trauma takes upon individuals, their families, communities, and society. I hope to become stronger, wiser, more effective, and more compassionate. I am grateful for the opportunity to be here. - Gaya

Welcome to MS, Gaya. We're happy to have you, and I hope you can succeed in your goal here

Welcome. As most of us say to survivors and I say to you as surrogate for your son and patients - I am so glad you found us and have chosen to participate with us on this healing journey but I am so sorry for what brings any of us to this site.

It is wonderful to know that this website can be a resource to people in the helping profession. For too long the reality of male sexual abuse has been unrecognized. It is time for the truth to be told and for all of us to work toward a safer world for children, both girls and boys. And, we want to make certain when treatment is on offer, that we recognize men have as great a need for compassion and care as do women. We should be allies with one another. The pain is too great to be carried all alone.

The Family and Friends Forum is a wonderful place where deep conversations are held. I know it helps me to appreciate how my struggles could affect the people I care about and I sense the friends and family who visit the forum appreciate hearing how overwhelming the impact of abuse can be on the survivor. There are no simple solutions to often intractable life challenges. But this website offers wonderful support for those engaged in healing. We're not alone with any of it. We can tell the truth and move forward in our healing journey.