Gratitude for Male Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gratitude for Male Survivor
I met my therapist today. He's been associated with this website for a long time and is one of the trainers participating in Weekends of Recovery. I'm very happy with the work we're doing which feels a bit like a graduate course building upon the undergraduate work I've done on the history of trauma in my life... long term therapy, years of EMDR focusing on sexual abuse, spiritual practice and extensive reading. I even got another graduate degree along the way...

I shared with him today my profound appreciation for this website. As I ramble through the separate forums I keep encountering pieces of my story, my journey, my pain, my struggles with being who I am and living a human life. Yes, it saddens me that is has taken this long to come upon this site. Although I created an account almost two years ago I didn't post anything until a few months ago. Since then I've been reading a great number of posts by members and have added a few comments of my own. I am amazed at the level of honesty in men's shares and the incredible kindness of those who offer support. For the first time in my life I feel it is safe to be all of who I am here, with all my fears and longing. So it feels like tremendous progress to have found this website and to have made an investment here. Between the website, my work with a therapist and if everything comes together, a weekend at Hope Springs this October with other mens on this journey, I'm very hopeful. For the first time in my life I can imagine living not bound by the residue of trauma that happened decades ago. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.