brings unexpected warmth
in small contagious smiles
that invite to join

to speak through screen and keyboard
with eloquence and trust
to open up to some friends
although no one taught you how to

~~~~

This is a thank you to my wonderful friends on this site. I can't do it without you!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Darren ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

@Darren White I'm certainly thankful for my friends here. My favorite line of your poem is the last one because many of us here didn't ever really learn about the big picture of friendship. Either our trust was broken by people we thought were friends, or we have erected barriers to protect ourselves and never allowed friends to enter our personal realm. Whatever the case may be, here I find myself relaxing and just bonding with others and not worrying about what friendship means. Instead, I just enjoy it.

Darren, so very true! We can be grateful for friends. :) LRD
We sure do, I am very grateful :)

@Darren White I'm certainly thankful for my friends here. My favorite line of your poem is the last one because many of us here didn't ever really learn about the big picture of friendship. Either our trust was broken by people we thought were friends, or we have erected barriers to protect ourselves and never allowed friends to enter our personal realm. Whatever the case may be, here I find myself relaxing and just bonding with others and not worrying about what friendship means. Instead, I just enjoy it.

That's so true. I used to keep others at arm's length so I couldn't get hurt anymore. It took great effort to see I had built that wall. And if I wanted to make real friends in life, that wall had to come down. It did, brick my brick. Trust is such a hard thing to accept and give, to understand and allow in. And now I indeed enjoy friendship. And I made a few good friends here!