Free Help in NYC

Chris4TheMill

Registrant
I just learned about this organization from a post by a PTSD group. I can't vouch for the organization because I have not had experience with them personally. But it's a non-profit and it looks like they have healing circles that are free to join.

If you're interested, look at the site and give them a call if you want further info.

Hidden Water NYC

Last edited by a moderator:

seeking_safety

Registrant
I did a 14 week group with them and it was phenomenal. Before the pandemic, they had a mix of online and in-person groups which allowed them to invite people from anywhere to participate. It is, in fact, totally free. I can only vouch for the group that I experienced but it was a very profound experience that allowed me to be with some of my scariest feelings in an environment of safety. It's not a substitute for therapy but it's a huge complement to it. They're full for the Spring but, if you are interested, I recommend that you get on the waiting list for the Fall. One thing that is unique about them is that they not only have groups for survivors. They also have groups for Family members, Parents who allowed abuse to happen and for Perpetrators. It's a very simple format but very powerful.

I did a 14 week group with them and it was phenomenal. Before the pandemic, they had a mix of online and in-person groups which allowed them to invite people from anywhere to participate. It is, in fact, totally free. I can only vouch for the group that I experienced but it was a very profound experience that allowed me to be with some of my scariest feelings in an environment of safety. It's not a substitute for therapy but it's a huge complement to it. They're full for the Spring but, if you are interested, I recommend that you get on the waiting list for the Fall. One thing that is unique about them is that they not only have groups for survivors. They also have groups for Family members, Parents who allowed abuse to happen and for Perpetrators. It's a very simple format but very powerful.
Great resource. Wish they had spots open for Spring.