The canyon walls no longer echo
The temper of violence
For the fierce fury
Has regained
The calm's
Still
*​

Last edited:
This poem is an adventure! The reader gets swept into the rushing water, tumbling along the way, and mercifully arriving at the calm in the end. It's beautiful and intense work @earlybird.

Thank you @AlexBoyd for allowing yourself to be swept up in the currents of the poem.

I spent many years where monsoons and flash floods occurred and I assume you have too as this is an excellent description of the event. Great job as usual Earlybird! Loved the poem and the formation of your words.

Thank you @Rick K, a few months ago I moved to where I live now and I am currently going through my 1st monsoon season and it is stunning. Dangerous flashfloods appear and disappear without warning causing unimagined damage and yet, the desert floor burst in bright reds and yellows embedded in forest green. Loss and hope from the exact same event. For me, sounds all too familiar (loss & gain)

It's like the events raging through our lives metaphorically. Those leave just as much damage... and yet also gives us the chance to heal, something new and better may come of it.

Exploiting the ancestral sands that have
Over the eras of time settled below
Hello @Darren White, this portion of my poem was written with you in mind. Often your poetry speaks of your ancestry which is something I never give thought to. I know almost nothing about my heritage and its possible influences. You have given me pause on my lack of knowledge in this area.
Thanks my friend for giving me inspiration in many of the things your write.

Oh!
I hadn't realised that, thank you :)
I'm not sure why I am always searching for roots and identity. Can be many reasons. I think it's because I never lived in one place and was abducted and trafficked.

I'm not sure why I am always searching for roots and identity.
Darren White, one of your tender roots has found its way into my soil connecting us in a meaningful way. A family born and bonded through similar situations.

Darren White, one of your tender roots has found its way into my soil connecting us in a meaningful way. A family born and bonded through similar situations.
Thank you. This touched me deeply.