Flashbacks and Anxiety

Flashbacks and Anxiety

iceman67

Registrant
Tuesday is my next appointment with the therapist and I am already stressing over it. Since our first meeting, I cannot stop the flashbacks and anxiety. I feel like I am taking steps backward but everyone tells me that it will get worse before it gets better. Why does this have to be so very hard? :-/

Sorry guys, I had to vent. My poor body can only handle so much before it gives and I will have a POTS attack, which would be bad.

You need not apologize. We are here for you.
it’s not an easy journey. It’s difficult but we deserve a chance even a tiny chance of peace and joy.

Have a good session G. Keep breathing. You're not alone with any of this.

I see my therapist as well today and I'm going to have my first neurofeedback session. I'm a bit apprehensive about that as well...

hey iceman. when i first surrendered to therapy it was just as you say. things kept playing in my head about whay i had said rules i had kept all my life that i just broke by telling him. even his name kept playing in my head all week. I very nearly quit but it did get better and i know it will get better for you as well. keep on going man you are worth the effort :)

Update: Today is my third appointment and I am so anxious and fear what is locked away in my head. On top of that, I just found out today that my brother tried to commit suicide... I am beside myself. Tonight's session is going to be so much harder providing that I don't have a breakdown beforehand. Sigh

G

Iceman I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he gets the help he needs

I am also new to therapy. Tomorrow will be six weeks. I also have been having flashbacks. I have nightmares all the time even before therapy.

I hope all goes well with you and if you don't mind I am going to pray for your brother

Iceman I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he gets the help he needs

I am also new to therapy. Tomorrow will be six weeks. I also have been having flashbacks. I have nightmares all the time even before therapy.

I hope all goes well with you and if you don't mind I am going to pray for your brother
If you could that would mean a lot to me. He surely needs them.

My nightmares are more frequent since I started this. I use so much energy to stop the flashbacks with little success. I'll try to post another message after tonight with how things went.

Really sorry to hear about your brother G. I'll say a prayer for him as well and will hold you in my heart this evening. We can use all the help we can get as we unpack these painful memories.