Finding the Lord

Finding the Lord

trevinops

Registrant
Is there anyone out there that was finally able to heal from childhood abuse and find the Lord? Also, is there anyone who made it to the point where they were able to start a family (wife or wife and kids) and have something close to a normal life. I've been struggling to get closer to God and find out what his purpose is for my life. I'd like to hear your story.

There are men here for whom their spirituality is an important part of healing and doubtless they'll chime in. I wanted to mention there is a Spirituality and Survivors Forum at the bottom of the page that you might wish to check out. It is a slower forum than this one but you might find kindred spirits as well as topics that speak to you.

You will also find men whose sexual abuse is tied to a church, to church leaders. That didn't happen for me but the church I grew up in was not a comforting place for a boy/teen who was acting out the pain caused by trauma. My journey has included spiritual inquiry and practice with questions about God often considered. If one can find comfort in spirituality that allows for healing both the trauma and how we responded to the trauma, that is a positive thing. And doubtless sharing your life with someone who shares your interest in spirituality can be helpful.

I note you haven't introduced yourself in the Introduction forum. I'll extend a welcome to you nonetheless. I've no idea what brings you here but I noted you are a survivor so doubtless you will encounter kindred spirits here. The revelation is we're not alone with the pain of the past. Here we can tell the truth and not encounter judgment. Here there is support for our healing journey. I'm glad you found us young man.

Is there anyone out there that was finally able to heal from childhood abuse and find the Lord? Also, is there anyone who made it to the point where they were able to start a family (wife or wife and kids) and have something close to a normal life. I've been struggling to get closer to God and find out what his purpose is for my life. I'd like to hear your story.

Hi

Welcome to ms

I personally have been on a really big spiritual journey because of life experiences good and bad
My culture has its own beliefs but I certainly have faith if no denomination Its such an individual journey spirituality and faith

How do you want to connect some people sing , pray, meditate, some connect with nature and through nature or play music

I meditate quite alot , I meditate with my children we like helping nature collecting litter we do alot towards being connected to the earth an intricate system in which we are all important I believe

A number of experience has shaped my faith and beliefs and the way I express them and the way it helps me in my healing

I'm sure you will find your way what is for you

A family I think will be the same you will find your way to each other
Or like me they will of been right in front of you all Ur life lol

Wishing you peace in your healing journey
HL

Hi

Welcome to ms

I personally have been on a really big spiritual journey because of life experiences good and bad
My culture has its own beliefs but I certainly have faith if no denomination Its such an individual journey spirituality and faith

How do you want to connect some people sing , pray, meditate, some connect with nature and through nature or play music

I meditate quite alot , I meditate with my children we like helping nature collecting litter we do alot towards being connected to the earth an intricate system in which we are all important I believe

A number of experience has shaped my faith and beliefs and the way I express them and the way it helps me in my healing

I'm sure you will find your way what is for you

A family I think will be the same you will find your way to each other
Or like me they will of been right in front of you all Ur life lol

Wishing you peace in your healing journey
HL

Thanks for the encouraging words.

There are men here for whom their spirituality is an important part of healing and doubtless they'll chime in. I wanted to mention there is a Spirituality and Survivors Forum at the bottom of the page that you might wish to check out. It is a slower forum than this one but you might find kindred spirits as well as topics that speak to you.

You will also find men whose sexual abuse is tied to a church, to church leaders. That didn't happen for me but the church I grew up in was not a comforting place for a boy/teen who was acting out the pain caused by trauma. My journey has included spiritual inquiry and practice with questions about God often considered. If one can find comfort in spirituality that allows for healing both the trauma and how we responded to the trauma, that is a positive thing. And doubtless sharing your life with someone who shares your interest in spirituality can be helpful.

I note you haven't introduced yourself in the Introduction forum. I'll extend a welcome to you nonetheless. I've no idea what brings you here but I noted you are a survivor so doubtless you will encounter kindred spirits here. The revelation is we're not alone with the pain of the past. Here we can tell the truth and not encounter judgment. Here there is support for our healing journey. I'm glad you found us young man.

I added my story to the Introduction forum under "Newcomer to the Forum"

mine is different, since most of the abuse was not remembered until I was married and had my first child. Even more was remembers much later. But memories of a sexual assualt by a clergy when I was in college were very much remembered.