Editing No Longer Permitted in PM's?

Editing No Longer Permitted in PM's?

Chris4TheMill

Registrant
I have noticed that after 5 minutes of posting a PM, we can no longer edit it. I would like to know if that is intentional, and if so, why. I frequently notice minor spelling or grammar errors in my posts that I want to go back and fix. Also (I've never done this myself), but what about people who later want to erase all their posts?

Last edited:
apparently you have 5 minutes to proof read, if not, SOL!

I was told before that I could delete all my posts if I wanted to. not sure if that was before the upgrade or after.

If I understand Chris, your reference to PM is for private messages. I know that my posts on threads can be modified at any time since I just checked an old one and could do so with no problem. So, if in fact you're speaking about private messages you've sent to another member on this site, I'm confused about the need to make changes. After you've sent the message the recipient will have read it but beyond that it simply resides in cyberspace in your outbox and his inbox, if he chooses to keep it. No one else will ever see the message. Am I missing something here?

Grammar and spelling errors irk me.....that's mostly it. I often don't catch them all until I go back and reread what I wrote.

To err is human... to forgive divine. ;)