"Disturbing on every level" - **an extremely upsetting story**

"Disturbing on every level" - **an extremely upsetting story**

C. E.

Administrator
Staff member
Boy abducted, raped, shot in the head and left for dead

This happened just a month and a half ago. A couple of days after this story broke, a suspect was taken into custody and it appears quite certain he is the perpetrator who shot this boy. I cannot imagine a more terrifying ordeal, nor a more daunting start to what will be a long and painful journey of healing on so many levels for this child. If anyone knows of a funding campaign to help this child's family, please post it here. All I know is that he was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami-Dade.

It seems every news story about this crime stopped after just a few days, and I cannot help but imagine the family - apparently from the very impoverished Brownsville neighborhood of Miami - would appreciate support. This should not be as forgotten as it seems to be by the media. The crimes are reported in all their dramatic detail - but the victims who paid the human price that elevated their victimization to a news-worthy story remain in the shadows, unseen and easily forgotten. It is amazing how easy it is for heads to turn away, and how could-be heroes simply don't show up.

Saw this and read things make me sick and upset. I cant not find a single thing for donations a go funds me page nothing at all. how can there be nothing for support. Everything else gets a donation but not thIs. It happed almost 2 months ago and not a blip on major news not even print news. This is what destroys me with my petty stuff. I mean God what’s my issue compared to this level of evil.

My thoughts are similar. Maybe I'm getting more cynical than I used to be, but once the sensational headlines are done with, it's as if the victim is invisible. Forgotten. People just don't want to see it.

It's often so that the investigation goes underground. I am not sure about this horrible incident of course. But it does, sometimes it is necessary to keep the media at a distance.

According to news sources his girlfriends daughter was sexually assaulted by him. Yet she did nothing. Stayed with him. And then he did this. Shows what happens when people are silent. People are so damn selfish. It’s easier to be quiet and not rock the boat than to get pedophiles off the street.
I don’t have proper words to describe my anger about how this daughter is feeling after telling her mother and nothing happened.

Why shot the boy, and I am sure this is the first time this person sexually attach a youth before nor will it be the last time unless the police removes him from the streets. This is a true predator. Picking up someone off the street for a sexual need. I try very hard to also understand that this person is most likely having a mental problem and needs help but he cant stay among us needs treatment and be away from childred asap.