deleted

Zkahtt

Registrant
? its hard to say I do, but many don't. ?

This shouldn't be in the female abuse forum as its a man you are recalling.

EDIT
It just hit me the distinguishing you madeand well Abuse and molestation is the same thing. Its all sexual abuse penetration or completion is not a requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobtk

Registrant
I think it would depend on the person's general memory. My memory goes back to about the age of 2. I can recall TV shows, music videos, and various things from that period along with the things done to me. It is possible that a small child might block out the memory and it is possible that just due to age that a person would not remember anything from that early.

Zkahtt

Registrant
I have a theory that if life were to normalize and become safe after an abuse event, it is possible or maybe probable the child might forget if the child emotionally adapts to life. If life stays rough and unsettled around the child, even if the abuse stops the child will be unsettled and I think by default all the emotional crap going on including the stuff from the abuse will be turning over as if clothing in a dryer. Who knows what will fall out when the door opens.
Thats how I felt and often still feel.

Zkahtt

Registrant
It just occured to me that the post above may be based on what my perps were telling each other to excuse themselves claiming I was too young to remember what they were doing to me.
I guess I just had that memory in there and assumed it was my own thinking.

pufferfish

Registrant
I have 4 thoughts.

1. Early memories are like pictures drawn on a balloon. As the balloon is blown up, as in growth, it increases in size and the pictures become very spread out on the surface of the balloon. Hence they are hard to identify.

2. Very emotional memories such as those involving CSA (child sexual abuse) would be easier to recognize. We could recognize those memories as we project the emotion onto others. Then we can trace the memories back to their origin.

3. We remember things which we were reminded of later. For instance, my mother loved to tell stories. Some of the stories she told about me are easy to remember because I heard them repeated by her.

4. In hypnotism we can remember all kinds of things from early ages. Hypnotism can be a powerful tool to gain access to memories which need nealing. It takes some skill to do it. I have had this happen for instance in the memories I record as pufferfish story part 1.

Allen

pufferfish :whistle:

didi

Registrant
Hello All,

As a parent of a 6 year old that was CSA'd when he was 4 years old, I am pretty sure that he will always remember what happened to him.

I have discussed this with his therapist on several occations. Part of his healing is to know and remember what happened to him, to know that it was not his fault and that there is nothing "wrong" with him. He will grow up knowing that this sexual abuse happened to him: however, he is bravely working his way through his PTSD and other issues. We are at the point where he lets me know when he experiences a trigger, where it came from, why it is happening, it is just a reminder of what happened, it will not happen again.
Don't get me wrong, the above statement sounds very "matter of fact", all of you know that it is much more emotional than that. Triggers are highly emotional at any age.

I am very proud of my Son for having the courage and strength to even talk to a therapist and to trust me enough to be able
to help him.

Take care,

Didi

catfish86

Registrant
I remembered CSA that occured prior to the age of 4. I had previously always maintained that I had never met my father and had no memory. After being triggered to an extreme event when I was 8, I started digging and found a lot of information that led me to realize I always remembered my father, he was the mysterious one that fondled me in bed and in the bathtub. Yes, they do remember.

pufferfish

Registrant
I "knew" something had happened when I started remembering things at about age 45. I was going to a therapist who specialized in DID/MPD. He taught me how to do deep relaxation exercises. I did that in his office and went to the abuse time. It was after Christmas in California. I was not yet 4 years old because my birthday is in March.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=284933#Post284933

We had a new puppy. I was rolling around on the floor giggling with this little puppy (I was a puppy too). My Mother admonished me to not play like that because dogs were "dirty" and might give me a disease. This was her predisposition. She was always warning about something. So I quit rolling on the floor with the puppy. It cost me something because I have always since then been afraid of kissing a puppy.

http://www.goldensilents.com/stars/billiedove.html

And then I remembered the abuse as it's reported in pufferfish story part 1. My Mother sent me and my older sister down the road to borrow a cup of sugar from Billy Dove. My Mother was quite impressed with Billy Dove and wanted to be friends with her. So she probably thought that sending her 2 darling little children down the road would be a good, safe method of impressing her. Even today, that area advertises that it is a safe area for children to play. Of course that is/was spurious. It wasn't safe. On the way back we passed the garage of a guy who was apparently attracted to me. From there, go to pufferfish story part 5. The rest is history. I would be affected the rest of my life by what happened.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=29652&Number=212889#Post212889

Allen

pufferfish :whistle:

TJ jeff

Staff member
I can VERY clearly remember some of the abuse that happened to me starting around the age of 4 - sometimes really bad things can kind of get "burnt" into ones brain - at least that is what seems to have happened to me

bla

Registrant
Yes,everything that we have done,or has been done to us,good or bad since we are born is within us,these things may remain as we think hidden within us,but one day these things will come out,maybe slow,or fast,sometimes its like a hole in a dam that gets bigger and bigger until one day it bursts,sometimes its hurts us remembering,others times its helps us on or long road to recovery