Comments are gone

Comments are gone

flying

Registrant
Today I noticed comments on different posts from yesterday are now gone. Does anyone else notice this?

Something must have reset overnight. I noticed a bunch of messages that I had already read were marked as "new" again for me.

I had some PM's disappear also... I was like, I didn't know you could delete those and did I say something wrong...

I had a major post disappear! and I had updated my signature line. Sounds like they had to roll back to the last saved backup!

MaleSurvivor Community,

As some of you have mentioned some posts indicators, conversations, signatures, etc have changed or are missing entirely, I would like to explain why this is and the reasons we could not explain before hand. Before I dive into the reasons this has happened please do know that we took every precaution to limit the downtime and impact to the forum.

We are currently working on completing phase 1 of site upgrades (Discussion Board and Chat) and have run into on going and consistent challenges with our hosting company. We have made the choice to move the site to a new hosting company that can ensure the site is secure, has better reliability (Am sure everyone noticed how many times the site has been down an the length of time), and better customer support. To ensure we where able to migrate the site without being blocked or taken offline by our old hosting company we did not inform anyone and completed the migration over the last three evenings. We worked on this during the slower days/times to ensure the least amount of impact on everyone. The migration of content was completed last night to our new server but due to limitations with the old hosting company we could not get all conversations (PMs) to sync. Out of the 530k conversations it appears we missed roughly .0001% of them. It appears that it is the more recent conversations that did not migrate over.

As of right now there is no solution on bring over the missing content, if we re-sync with the old database (assuming they haven't deleted or denied us access) we would then loss all new content since the site was migrated over last night. This was not a easy decision to make and we took every precaution that we could to protect our community.

Nathan

Hi Nathan

Thanks for the info. I think you have done a good job migrating the site. I was at another site and when they migrated to there new provider we lost everything we did not have copied onto our hard drives. I lost access to most of my content there. I have lost very little this time and I feel that is just I have not found it yet.

Thanks for all you and all the others are doing to make this a better safer place for us to come and share.

Take Care
Esterio

@Nathan LaChine, thanks for the explanation. I think you've all done a tremendous job considering how complicated it must be. I'm just very grateful that this place remains open after all of that.

sounds like you needed some pruning to save the tree. Happy the tree is saved!

No that is a separate issue they you and I resolved via email today. Anyone else who runs into this issue please message me here or email me [email protected]

I am always around,
Nathan