COMFORT

COMFORT

Hello,
I've been here for a long time now, and finally decided to register. I am a victim too, and understand about the loneliness and pain that we must endure each day. I wish to provide some comfort and thought that these scriptures might help some of you. It helps me a great deal.

PSALMS 34:17,18

Yes, the Lord hears the good man when he calls to him for help, and saves him out of all his troubles. The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking; he rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins.

ROMANS 8:38,39

I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels won't and all the powers of hell itself cannot keep God's love away. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, or where we are - high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean - nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by Jesus Christ when he died for us.

PSALMS 51:10,11

Create in me even a pure heart, O God,
And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one. Do not throw me away from before your face; And your holy spirit O do not take away from me.

Hi Lebeau, thank you for taking the time to post something that helped you out!

You may want to redirect posts containing scripture over to the Religion folder, though. There are a lot of folks here who had bad experiences in the church, and even the most well-intentioned Bible quotations could trigger bad feelings.

Please continue to post your thoughts and feelings! This forum has proven invaluable to me in healing. I may be in a holding pattern right now, but healing is a process, not an act.

J
We're all in this together.