Church declares bankruptcy over abuse claims

Church declares bankruptcy over abuse claims

Seagull

Registrant
This is news that a Catholic diocese is declaring bankruptcy over abuse claims dating back to the 40's. This is the orphanage that was the basis of the 1992 movie " The Boys of St. Vincent" . After all these years the fight for justice continues.

I just read "the deadline for him (the CSA victim) to sue – then set just three years after a child sex abuse survivor turned 18 – had already passed, and courts dismissed his case." Justice for some is not Justice for all. It is Justice DENIED! The perpetrator's and the system victimize the victims all to readily and over and over and over again.

Big Trigger Warning for the Movie “Boys of St.Vincent” is in order.
I checked out the movie and couldn’t proceed past the first 2 minutes.
I scrubbed ahead just to see if the first scene was just shock value, it's not! Should this movie even be legal?!

The Catholic Church does not bring Christ into the initial complaints or lawsuits, which is no different than Christ's lack of presence when I was being abused. I feel for these survivors because this too shows them Christ is nowhere near the center of this. As I am going through my own suit with my Archdiocese, I don’t expect the amount of money we land on will translate to what justice means to me. All I can really do is hope to afford the healing I deserve and claim whatever quality of life is left for me.

No amount of money could ever compensate us for what was done to us. I hope you are able to afford the healing care you need.

Heads up! Don't watch sleepers! The church cried foul but the facility was shut down after the movie came out.

Christ's lack of presence when I was being abused. I feel for these survivors because this too shows them Christ is nowhere near the center of this.

Some of what I'm going to say will sound cryptic because it's also based on our private conversations. You know how much I support you and immensely value our friendship. You also know just how much I support you in this lawsuit of yours.

I know that it's a difficult, more than difficult, thing for you and I know for others as well. But there was no lack of presence of Jesus during yours or anyone's abuse. He was there, suffering with you, helping keep you strong. Don't forget that you survived!!! You're still here!! You're definitely correct that God is not at the center of our abuse. He's just not. The abuse was evil, and that is not God. And crux, the center, of the whole problem is that the abusers closed themselves off to God. And for a priest to do that.... and for others, especially bishops, to cover it up, help cover it up... I've nothing good to say about that.

Here's a big hug my friend!