can't take it anymore!

can't take it anymore!

Shyshark

Registrant
I don't care.

I took this down because now that I've told the facts and set the record straight I don't care anymore
and I'm washing my hands of the whole sorry mess.
It's over.

Last edited:
Hi Shyshark

It has been a while. I have not even figured out how to get on in chat. The effort you have made yo live
in a civil world sounds incredible. I can not image putting up with it much less trying to do any thing about it.
I would just have left chat and if anybody had said any thing about it of any scenerio I would just tell
them to get fucked (unless they were good friends and then I would pm them f there is private messages any more.

Anyway, that is my two cents worth. P. S. does that mean that the healing circle has returned. I have really missed that

((( gene )))

Thank you.
Sadly no ... HC has not returned and I miss it too.

Sorry this happened to you shy shark , so much can be interpreted from tone , body language and facial expressions which doesn't come with just the written word alone , I'm sorry what you said was misinterpreted , misconstrued when you was trying to only be fair and polite

(( Shyshark))

Peace
HL

(((((((Sharky))))))) - you held this burden for so long. I assume most of these folks are not even here any more. I am glad you are still here and still making an impact.

As a newbie I missed all the fireworks. Why am I not surprised that a bunch of trauma survivors would find a way to misinterpret what is being said and act out their feelings? It saddens me to hear about it and, of course, sorry for what you experienced Shyshark. Standing anonymously behind a username is often a recipe for disaster. I appreciate that in a moderated forum like this bad behavior will have real consequences which likely reduces provocative comments. But everyone here is sensitive to being hurt because WE WERE! Sensitive people develop skills either in running and hiding or doing battle, at least rhetorically. I've avoided chat both because I've never used it before and because I prefer one on one exchanges, ideally with the person's face in front of me as one can do in Skype and Facetime. That, of course, in this environment is practically impossible. It saddens me since the men on this forum are exactly the people I would wish to be having deep conversations with about trauma and healing. And that is why at some point in the future I expect I'll be attending a Weekend of Recovery.

I hope unpacking this helped Shyshark. At the very least we can witness and support each other's process of healing. The best to you.

As a newbie I missed all the fireworks. Why am I not surprised that a bunch of trauma survivors would find a way to misinterpret what is being said and act out their feelings? It saddens me to hear about it and, of course, sorry for what you experienced Shyshark. Standing anonymously behind a username is often a recipe for disaster. I appreciate that in a moderated forum like this bad behavior will have real consequences which likely reduces provocative comments. But everyone here is sensitive to being hurt because WE WERE! Sensitive people develop skills either in running and hiding or doing battle, at least rhetorically. I've avoided chat both because I've never used it before and because I prefer one on one exchanges, ideally with the person's face in front of me as one can do in Skype and Facetime. That, of course, in this environment is practically impossible. It saddens me since the men on this forum are exactly the people I would wish to be having deep conversations with about trauma and healing. And that is why at some point in the future I expect I'll be attending a Weekend of Recovery.

I hope unpacking this helped Shyshark. At the very least we can witness and support each other's process of healing. The best to you.
Good morning Visitor, in this post you talking about attending a “weekend of recovery some day” just wondering what that’s about and where I could get information on that. Thanks Bob

NC, have you attended? If you have can you share your experiences?
going to Ohio in a few weeks for my first one.

If you want to know my first name Bob, perhaps we could meet next June on Whidbey Island north of Seattle for the next Weekend of Recovery. If you follow the link Kal gave you you'll get the information. I intended to go to a weekend this year but the one in Utah is at a resort above 8500 feet in elevation and I've had problems in altitude in the past so needed to pass. I considered the weekend Kal is attending outside Cincinnati but the airline connections from San Francisco and the remoteness of the location created nightmares in my mind that were best handled by cancelling my registration. Seattle is a much easier connection and the facility has transportation scheduled multiple times each day from Seattle, so it seems much more doable for me. I can imagine nothing more healing than being with a group of men who've experienced sexual trauma as children. I started a thread on MS asking about others' experiences attending a Weekend of Recovery. You might find it interesting reading... here's a link...

Weekend of Recovery

the remoteness of the location created nightmares in my mind
I am also more comfortable in an urban environment than out in "the country" (of course I now know that is also the environment where the trafficking events took place, so it now makes total sense.)

I don't care.

I took this down because now that I've told the facts and set the record straight I don't care anymore
and I'm washing my hands of the whole sorry mess.
It's over.
I don't know why im just seeing this now. im sorry man. (((Skyshark)))

I'm actually quite comfortable in settings like Hope Springs Kal, but my mind boggles at the logistics required to get there. I spend time in the nearby watershed hiking the trails and love it. It is there I feel most at peace.

I suddenly found myself a bit lost in this thread because of OI's post, then realized we were nested within a thread started by Shyshark. He's removed the original comment so this conversation really has ended. I'll move comments about WoR to a more appropriate thread.