Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Research Project - Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Looking for:
- Male Survivors of Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, Online Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Abuse.
- Experts: Frontline workers, law enforcement, hospital workers, NGO workers, service workers (social services, legal, health), religious workers, etc. *Must have experience with male victims and survivors.*

The purpose of this study is to understand the stories of survivors in order to determine key indicators that may aid in establishing a better process of identification and services needed for male survivors. The goal of this study is to empower participants through engaging in this research project in order to contribute to our understanding of human trafficking, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation.

This research will highlight the journey to Survivorhood, key needs, and services that work, don't work, and what is still needed. This research will also focus on the stories of male survivors that have been silenced for so long.

*LGBTQ2+ Stories are welcome.

Thank you to all that participated in the interview process and help move this forward.
I want to participate in this Research study I am also a BI man, look forward to speaking with you

Research Project - Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Looking for:
- Male Survivors of Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, Online Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Abuse.
- Experts: Frontline workers, law enforcement, hospital workers, NGO workers, service workers (social services, legal, health), religious workers, etc. *Must have experience with male victims and survivors.*

The purpose of this study is to understand the stories of survivors in order to determine key indicators that may aid in establishing a better process of identification and services needed for male survivors. The goal of this study is to empower participants through engaging in this research project in order to contribute to our understanding of human trafficking, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation.

This research will highlight the journey to Survivorhood, key needs, and services that work, don't work, and what is still needed. This research will also focus on the stories of male survivors that have been silenced for so long.

*LGBTQ2+ Stories are welcome.

Thank you to all that participated in the interview process and help move this forward.
Hi I’m very interested in being apart of this do you have a link or email I can make contact with hoping to hear back soon Kenny

@Kenny-sanchez @Wharf_Rat
As far as I know this is all over now, and the project was completed a while ago.
The OP has also been stripped of any contact information that was previously there :)

Once the research project has finished, all the work has been done and everything is written, the OP (the researcher) shall give us all and any information about what is published and where. A little more patience :)
I'm looking forward to it. Participating was for me one of the best things I've ever done in terms of healing and helping others in a similar (trafficking) situation.

I just checked with Ena Lucia - she is done for the current research, HOWEVER, this next year she is starting a new project with other researchers and will be doing additional research. At that time, she will reach out to MS to look for additional volunteers.

What I’m having trouble it’s is how to stop the cycle? What can be done to keep this from happening to boys. That question seems impossible.
I suspect it is something within the human makeup that causes adults, or older than us" to sexually abuse younger boys. And I suspect, that the number of men who have raped either women, girls, or boys, have been abused at some point in their lives. We need to be out there mainstream like the women are who have been abused or raped.

I know I need to tell my story, but I'm terrified and trust virtually no one! Sometimes I wonder if I trust myself!

With this study ended this thread will be closed. Once a new study is approved by the Board of Directors a new thread will start. Everyone is reminded that ALL research requests must be approved by the Board of Directors BEFORE being posted on Male Survivor.

Update:
Ena has informed us that she is now going to focus on finishing the results and summary.
She apologizes as she has had some big things come her way... couple of surgeries and a project that was prioritized by people she was working for/with.

Updated 8/30/2022

I have finally finished the writing of the thesis, it is now with the external examiner and the thesis defense is coming up in September. I hope to have the final document published in the Canadian Library Archives by November (if all goes well). Also, some of the data from the thesis was also used and submitted to a journal called the Child Abuse and Neglect Journal – they have accepted the article for publication in their special edition on boys. This hopefully will be a winter edition.

I will send MS a copy of Both research papers for your website. I will also send the papers to the survivors who participated once it is out. I will be speaking on both these topics at the university of toledo’s conference on the 22nd and 23rd of September. https://www.traffickingconference.com/ (for anyone interested – they can also receive education credits for this). As well at the CESE summit again on a panel with two male survivors in November https://endsexualexploitation.org/cese-summit-2022/. Wishing you all the best! -Ena Lucia

Update: 11/4/2022

Dear MaleSurvivor Community,

I just wanted to reach out and give you the final thesis.

I would once again like to thank you very much for taking part in my thesis dissertation over the last few years. Your insights were extremely valuable and your willingness to help was absolutely priceless for the quality of this dissertation. For your interest, please find my full dissertation attached in the link which you can read to your interest.

In the future, I will continue with research in this field with the Global Association of Human Trafficking Scholars (GAHTS), and as an independent trainer for human trafficking and child sexual abuse cases so that our work together can be implemented on the frontlines.

I am so thankful for all your support and input throughout this research project. I am very grateful for your time and energy.

The thesis was accepted for publication and can be downloaded through this open access link I received from my university here: The needs and stories of male survivors of child sexual abuse, exploitation and human trafficking (viurrspace.ca) https://viurrspace.ca/handle/10613/26077

The work itself received the highest honors and distinctions - which could have only been possible with your contribution.
Just as a reminder that the thesis itself and the presentation has very triggering content, so please ensure you have support while going through it.

It has honestly been such an honor to hear all the stories from male survivors around the world, and I am just happy to finally be able to give this back to the male survivor community.

I am so thankful to MaleSurvivor for giving me the chance and taking a risk on me. We have done amazing work together, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings!

Thank you again.
All my love,
-Ena Lucia Mariaca Pacheco

Board members,

Here is a recording of Ena Lucia Mariaca Pacheco presenting her quantitative and qualitative research from her multi-year investigation into the risks and life experiences of male survivors of sex trafficking and child sexual abuse. I want to personally thank all of our members that assisted Ena in her research!

Status
Not open for further replies.