Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.
I agree with Healinginside,

Participating in this survey and the interview is a gift. For so long I went without the gift of "being heard".
I would encourage everyone who is in a GOOD PLACE and feeling safe to try participating. It is nice to know also
that we are helping fellow survivors by helping advocates to help those helping survivors.

Ena is very kind and I was able to speak freely of my experiences and felt valued.

Thank you MS and Ena for hosting this opportunity.

This is still an ongoing survey and interview. So everyone who is interested can still participate. I don't regret it, my story was met with all the respect I hoped it would. And yeah, Ena is a wonderful person to talk to :)

Research Project - Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Looking for:
- Male Survivors of Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, Online Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Abuse.
- Experts: Frontline workers, law enforcement, hospital workers, NGO workers, service workers (social services, legal, health), religious workers, etc. *Must have experience with male victims and survivors.*

The purpose of this study is to understand the stories of survivors in order to determine key indicators that may aid in establishing a better process of identification and services needed for male survivors. The goal of this study is to empower participants through engaging in this research project in order to contribute to our understanding of human trafficking, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation.

This research will highlight the journey to Survivorhood, key needs, and services that work, don't work, and what is still needed. This research will also focus on the stories of male survivors that have been silenced for so long.

*LGBTQ2+ Stories are welcome.

If you are interested in participating please email: [email protected], or reach out via LinkedIn.

This Research has been approved by the Royal Roads University Ethics Board.
Is this confidential, do we meet in person or online, or phone.

Last edited:
And confidential.
I communicated solely through email. I felt very respected by her.

I mailed my responses to the questionnaire yesterday... finally. She is a wonderful person with whom to communicate. I hope I have a chance to speak with her again. I definitely look forward to seeing what she does with this research. We need all the support and awareness we can get.

UPDATE:
Researcher is really hoping to get more African/Asian/Native American participants if possible. The deadline for all interviews is June 20th. This would really help with representation. Thank you!

Thank you Darren. I note that is the same day as the Webinar on Polyvagal Theory...

Quite a rich day for all of us. I look forward to hearing what she has to say after talking with so many of us.

and it looks like it will be available "on demand" for 24 hours (starting 8am eastern time)

Ena will also upload a private link and handout for those that cannot register so that they can also have the chance to see it.
(me, for example :) )

Thanks Darren. Reflecting on this process it has not been lost on me that your experience is precisely what she is trying to address... trafficking. I loved my time with Ena and she was kind as well as engaging... but my experience, though complicated in its own way, was a bit vanilla compared to those among us who've been kidnapped and trafficked. I expect it was a good experience for you to be able to unpack your most painful memories with someone so willing to listen. I'm glad you'll be able to view this video. I certainly will want to see it at the time it is available... following that with the Webinar.

expect it was a good experience for you to be able to unpack your most painful memories with someone so willing to listen
It was very difficult but good. It made me think in a very different way than for example in therapy. It also gave Ena so much material that she had to edit her questionnaire. She added more questions and left out some others :)
Thank you for asking.

Sorry to be late to this thread. I've been away from the forum for quite some time. Wrote to Ena in case she's interested in any more input, but it looks like it's past the deadline. Glad it helped so many.

her video went live this morning - about 30 minutes - just a summary of the works she has been doing, with a pdf handout.

Ena was interviewed by her university. You can read it HERE

In the interview, you can read how well organized the trafficking world is. I am quite paranoid about my safety, and this is the reason why.

Last edited:

Research Project - Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Looking for:
- Male Survivors of Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, Online Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Abuse.
- Experts: Frontline workers, law enforcement, hospital workers, NGO workers, service workers (social services, legal, health), religious workers, etc. *Must have experience with male victims and survivors.*

The purpose of this study is to understand the stories of survivors in order to determine key indicators that may aid in establishing a better process of identification and services needed for male survivors. The goal of this study is to empower participants through engaging in this research project in order to contribute to our understanding of human trafficking, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation.

This research will highlight the journey to Survivorhood, key needs, and services that work, don't work, and what is still needed. This research will also focus on the stories of male survivors that have been silenced for so long.

*LGBTQ2+ Stories are welcome.

Thank you to all that participated in the interview process and help move this forward.
Hey I am interested and would be willing to sit down with you and tell my story

Status
Not open for further replies.