Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

L84

Registrant
I agree with Healinginside,

Participating in this survey and the interview is a gift. For so long I went without the gift of "being heard".
I would encourage everyone who is in a GOOD PLACE and feeling safe to try participating. It is nice to know also
that we are helping fellow survivors by helping advocates to help those helping survivors.

Ena is very kind and I was able to speak freely of my experiences and felt valued.

Thank you MS and Ena for hosting this opportunity.

This is still an ongoing survey and interview. So everyone who is interested can still participate. I don't regret it, my story was met with all the respect I hoped it would. And yeah, Ena is a wonderful person to talk to :)

seekeroftruth

Registrant

Research Project - Call For Participants: THE NEEDS AND STORIES OF MALE VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS.

Looking for:
- Male Survivors of Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, Online Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Abuse.
- Experts: Frontline workers, law enforcement, hospital workers, NGO workers, service workers (social services, legal, health), religious workers, etc. *Must have experience with male victims and survivors.*

The purpose of this study is to understand the stories of survivors in order to determine key indicators that may aid in establishing a better process of identification and services needed for male survivors. The goal of this study is to empower participants through engaging in this research project in order to contribute to our understanding of human trafficking, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation.

This research will highlight the journey to Survivorhood, key needs, and services that work, don't work, and what is still needed. This research will also focus on the stories of male survivors that have been silenced for so long.

*LGBTQ2+ Stories are welcome.

If you are interested in participating please email: [email protected], or reach out via LinkedIn.

This Research has been approved by the Royal Roads University Ethics Board.
Is this confidential, do we meet in person or online, or phone.

Last edited:
I mailed my responses to the questionnaire yesterday... finally. She is a wonderful person with whom to communicate. I hope I have a chance to speak with her again. I definitely look forward to seeing what she does with this research. We need all the support and awareness we can get.