By helping each other we heal

So my T said that if you help each other as survivors we begin to heal ourselves, We don't need to be healed to help each other in the process we just need to be there for each other and it will happen.

As we are dealing with our own issues we are still closely related to the feelings and thinking going on, this makes us much better at relating to each other and helping each other get perspective.

You can be a hot mess and still be a helpful friend, a confidant, a cheerleader at the same time for someone else struggling from the same abuse.

Truly being here for each other is healing to all of us, don't stop talking, writing and sharing it is important to your success.

Tom E.

Registrant
Right on! Your post is wonderful & truth... we help each other heal by sharing with each other. Thank you.

So my T said that if you help each other as survivors we begin to heal ourselves, We don't need to be healed to help each other in the process we just need to be there for each other and it will happen.

As we are dealing with our own issues we are still closely related to the feelings and thinking going on, this makes us much better at relating to each other and helping each other get perspective.

You can be a hot mess and still be a helpful friend, a confidant, a cheerleader at the same time for someone else struggling from the same abuse.

Truly being here for each other is healing to all of us, don't stop talking, writing and sharing it is important to your success.
Words of wisdom sir

Shyshark

Registrant
Let's keep in mind where this whole 'group therapy' thing began.
The grandfather of all support groups is AA ... founded in 1935!
We all owe Bill W and Bob Smith eternal gratitude for what they created.
It's as relevant today as it was in 1935.

My Father was a raging alcoholic who went to AA in 1954 ... only months after I was born because my Mom said ...
"sober up or get out"
I grew up surrounded by alcoholic Fathers/Mothers/Grandparents/etc and saw the toll it took on their children.

My Father was not perfect and Lord knows I had deep resentments with him but I know full well how much worse
my life would have been if he had not found ... virtually the ONLY place ... he had to turn.

The 'serenity prayer' alcoholics live by applies to everybody in crisis.
I'm not an alcoholic nor am I religious but it is something that I have clung to for as long as I can remember ...
and it's helped to get me through a life full of pain.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

#truth - That is why I call this the brotherhood!! Band of Brothers supporting each other towards a common cause: Healing!

EQCR

Registrant
If you still feel pain you are still healing. Thank you all for being a part of this house of healing.