Booty (haiku)

Booty (haiku)

AlexBoyd

Registrant
Pillage and plunder,
A twofold booty you sought--​
My pain, your pleasure.

Excellent job Alex! I am no expert but have been trying to create a haiku myself. Besides creating a haiku, it is amazing what you were able to express with only 12 words. Thanks for sharing, you have motivated me to keep trying.
Rick

Alex, it's great! 3 little lines, a lifetime of hurt. Well done!

Excellent job Alex! I am no expert but have been trying to create a haiku myself. Besides creating a haiku, it is amazing what you were able to express with only 12 words. Thanks for sharing, you have motivated me to keep trying.
Rick
Keep trying, Rick. The beauty of the haiku is that it challenges the writer to choose words very economically to communicate a message in only seventeen syllables. I find that limitation helpful when I'm feeling overwhelmed by words.

The beauty of the haiku is that it challenges the writer to choose words very economically to communicate a message in only seventeen syllables. I find that limitation helpful when I'm feeling overwhelmed by words.
I like haiku also for the very same reason. Lots of complex thoughts and feelings can swirl around like mental dust devils in my head and heart. Extracting their essence in to a haiku really helps me clarify how I'm actually feeling about something.

Thanks for sharing Alex. Your Haiku says it well, and no matter what the other said or convinced us boys at the time, as little boys the abusers are just taking some of our goodness away, and giving us badness in return. The long term ripple of being abused has destroyed/damaged/limited all my relations with my immediate family over the years since then.

It's difficult acknowledging and realizing how much we lost. I'm sorry for you losses, Alex.