BOOK: Secret Shame: A Survivor's Guide to Understanding Male Sexual Abuse and Male Sexual Development

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Shame-Survivors-Understanding-Development/dp/B09QK1Y7L1

ISBN 979-8-79-893859-9

The author is also the keynote speaker for an upcoming Christian Men's Retreat, Topic: Healing from Sexual Abuse

He also talks about the book and the retreat in this Podcast Episode

61e9s4jaDBL.jpg

Last edited:

ODAT

Registrant
I just got the book on Kindle and it looks
great! I plan to zoom the retreat as I think it will be a big help in my recovery!

I just got the book on Kindle and it looks
great! I plan to zoom the retreat as I think it will be a big help in my recovery!
awesome! I will actually be one of the Small Group Leaders at the retreat!

Both I’ve had a lot of bad luck with self help
the book is written by a therapist and includes TONS of research data and intertwined with stories from13 of his male patients who all experienced sexual abuse as children. I found it very informative and has helped me understand my own wounds n a new light. (still only 1/3 finished with the book)

ODAT

Registrant
awesome! I will actually be one of the Small Group Leaders at the retreat!

I just read your full account in the book. I’m so sorry you had to go through all that.
Take care. I’m up to Ch 3. In reading the stories of the 12 men, it is a good representation of the men we read about on MS. I can relate to a lot of it, especially the after effects of the abuse…