Black Swan
Over and out

I wrote this as a tribute to
George Leonard Johnson (Johnny)
MBE
SQ617
(Apres moi le deluge")
25.11.1921 - 7.12.2022

I want to share it here because he inspired me in my healing journey.
He was open about the CA that he experienced before joining the Raf age 18

It reminds me it's not where I came from that matters it's where I land up

Is/was there anyone who inspired you?

Peace HL

Last edited:
I want to share it here because he inspired me in my healing journey.
He was open about the CA that he experienced before joining the Raf age 18
I only see your poem now, plus your question below, sorry!
You wrote a beautiful tribute that at the same time is a tribute to yourself.

Is/was there anyone who inspired you?
I have a few poets who inspire me:
  • Mahmoud Darwish, a Palestinian exile. A quote of one of his poems is in my signature
  • Federico García Lorca, living during the time homosexuality was a crime, and executed for his political opinion
  • Maya Angelou, that speaks for itself I think

Thanks for your post I appreciate it
Thanks also for sharing the poets who have inspired you
Thats really interesting

Fredrico garcia lorca,
I'm trying to think what you call one of his poems in Spanish
It's got great metaphors it's in the book romancero gitano, it's not coming to mind right now
I like poetry with metaphors even though I'm not that good at writing it

I find it interesting what people from outside my culture write about my culture
past and present, good and bad

Thanks again for posting
Peace HL

@Healing light,
This is a wonderful tribute to a man who inspired you. It’s a very good poem.
I wondered if it was possible to share it with his family in some way, along with how you were inspired by him after his return from the war? It sounds to me as he took his incredible experiences during the war in stride, and maybe he would have been most proud of assisting you in your journey, an experience that you both knew and endured. His family I would imagine would be very proud of both of these things that he accomplished.
By the way, the place you have ended up is a place that inspires others. You are giving what others gave you. Great job.

Fredrico garcia lorca,
I'm trying to think what you call one of his poems in Spanish
It's got great metaphors it's in the book romancero gitano, it's not coming to mind right now
I like poetry with metaphors even though I'm not that good at writing it
García Lorca is the poet who has inspired my own poetry the most. He is a truly awesome poet. Knowing about him and reading his poetry gave me so much support that I started reaching out and connecting with others. I can read in several languages, and Spanish is one of them. Here is a link to Romancero Gitano, you can search there for the poem you are trying to find.
:)

@Healing light,
This is a wonderful tribute to a man who inspired you. It’s a very good poem.
I wondered if it was possible to share it with his family in some way, along with how you were inspired by him after his return from the war? It sounds to me as he took his incredible experiences during the war in stride, and maybe he would have been most proud of assisting you in your journey, an experience that you both knew and endured. His family I would imagine would be very proud of both of these things that he accomplished.
By the way, the place you have ended up is a place that inspires others. You are giving what others gave you. Great job.
Thanks for your post I really appreciate your kind words

I hope inwardly he was proud of himself and all he achieved he was a man who took compliments quietly
I'm absolutely sure his family is extremely proud of him. There may be an appropriate time to share the poem and why he inspired me with his family I hadn't thought of that. I shared it with him how he inspired me and I'm glad I was able too.

Thanks again for your post

Peace HL

García Lorca is the poet who has inspired my own poetry the most. He is a truly awesome poet. Knowing about him and reading his poetry gave me so much support that I started reaching out and connecting with others. I can read in several languages, and Spanish is one of them. Here is a link to Romancero Gitano, you can search there for the poem you are trying to find.
:)
Thanks for the link, I really appreciate that
It's reyerta "the quarrel" it's a bit dark but it's a poem that intrigued me, as he describes something dark brilliantly
As I say love all the metaphors in his poems

I'm really glad that reading his poems gave you support to start reaching out that's awesome

Thanks again for sharing
Peace HL