Be kind to yourself

Lovely song. Thanks for sharing it. Learning to have compassion for ourselves is really job one. Job two is caring for ourselves... practicing loving kindness toward ourselves. What we experienced and how we carried those experiences into our lives made it difficult... there was too much shame and confusion. So we have to find our way through all of those doubts and fears to find ourselves. We were innocents when it happened, survivors when we struggled to find a life not burdened by shame and fear, who are learning to love ourselves and find lives we can celebrate... the healing journey we're all on my friend. We are worthy of love and kindness.

Love the phrase--from my doctors to T to support group to compassionate and kind friends I heard those words over and over. It took me years to accept these words because I had lived a life where I felt tormented and triggered. We all need to remember we can deepen the pain if we are not kind to ourselves. Thank you for sharing.

Over the years I often thought that I deserved little in the way of kindness or appreciation. "Gee, that looks great." Or, "You do that really well." I'd dismiss it with "Oh, it's nothing." When, in reality, as KMCINVA said : I was deepening the pain by being not kind to myself and accepting the kindness of others. I have learned to do that. They'e just trying to be appreciative or give kind words with nothing expected in return except a thank-you.(Comes from the ways our perps spoke to us and made us think : What do you want from me in return?). Allowing others to be kind to us also gives them the pleasure of giving a compliment. I've learned to accept this, difficult as it is to do that for me.