I make powerful sounds,
Unlike the whimpers you made
While banging your headboard.
Now I'm taller than you,
Stronger than you. 40-love

Oh, and my parting shot--
My balls are better than yours.
Game. Set. Match.

You're so good at using all sorts of metaphors in such a way that it's perfectly clear what you are writing about. I admire that.
Game, set and match!

I love your signature by the way

A sheltered life can be a daring life as well. For all serious daring starts from within

You have a real talent for this Alex. It makes me wonder whether there isn't a way for the poetry shared here to find a wider audience. Clearly there is an edge to what is shared which is completely understandable. I doubt any of us would miss the meaning of your poems or of many others appearing in this forum. It seems men are stepping forward to share more about our experience as survivors. I wonder whether one way we might do that is through sharing the poems we've written about our experience. Just an idle thought... but one prompted by the fine work you share with us. Thanks Alex.

I wonder whether one way we might do that is through sharing the poems we've written about our experience. Just an idle thought... but one prompted by the fine work you share with us. Thanks Alex.
I have a blog at https://rendedheartpoetry.wordpress.com visitor I would be honored to have these guys post there. not sure how much more visibility they might have. the only thing I would need a name so the proper credit could be given

I like that :)
I do have my own blog, but I mostly use it as storage for drafts.
How would you suggest we post at your blog @newground?
Signup?

not sure exactly I hadn't thought of the idea until visitors post. I had a friend who began the blog with me so I would expect I could offer privilege to post

Yes, I have a Wordpress blog too. I believe you can make people who signup to your blog contributor. It would mean they can write their own contributions, but cannot post them. Or author, who can write and post.

Sorry @AlexBoyd, for hijacking your thread.

Thanks for the offer... I think part of my comment comes from my experience helping a couple of friends self-publish books. Actually, the first book was a book of poems with the title Reaching Across: A Book of Poems. I was just learning publishing software so it was not a seamless process. I did a couple of other books for a friend as he approached the end of his life. Although the estate set aside money to print the books the executor has not gotten around to it. That was a much easier process. I'm certainly not suggesting WE publish something and I'm certainly not suggesting I do such a thing, but I was thinking about a much wider audience. My guess is there would be an audience if someone had the stamina to put a project like this together. What men here are writing about is very important, not only for us but honestly, for the world.

@AlexBoyd I don't know the first thing about publishing, so I believe you would be wise to listen to these gentlemen. As a reader, however, I do know you should never stop writing. Your words touch me profoundly. Thank you!

not sure exactly I hadn't thought of the idea until visitors post. I had a friend who began the blog with me so I would expect I could offer privilege to post
I have gone to the site and I can invite people to post and then just have to publish it. problem is I have to send the invite by e-mail so it will depend on your comfort with that and yea alex sorry for the hijack

There's no need to apologize for any hijack of the thread....I'm very flattered that the discussion started here. We have many gifted writers and it could be an interesting project!

As far as poems having an edge to them--yes, they do. Honestly, I don't know how to write about these things I'm feeling without an edge. I hope we all continue to write and find our voices and make them sing here (or growl lol).

Oh, one more thing....I really do want to thank you all for the encouragement. About two hours after I posted this poem I almost came back and deleted it. It felt a bit silly and I knew its ending made me sound childish and petty, but I decided to leave it up because I think it might be ok to allow ourselves to be childish and petty about horrible things that happened.

What I liked about the last stanza is that it has the ring of a conflict between boys and though that was not what you describe, you were a boy. We likely all remember taunts like that when we were boys. This poem feels on point at every level.

About two hours after I posted this poem I almost came back and deleted it.
Glad you didn't :)
But I know how you feel. I have the same urge (almost) every time I post a poem.

“Game. Set. Match.”
Wouldn’t I like to say those powerful 3 words putting an end to a decades old rigged game. Thanks for not deleting this match, as you said you considered, for as a spectator I gained a bit more understanding of the power of the racket. (Especially, one with an edge that spins the ball in such a way it cannot be returned.