Any one watch last night's episode of Mr. Robot? (spoiler/trigger warning so don't continue reading if you want to watch the show)

Andre808

Registrant
It ended with the realization that Mr. Robot appeared to protect Elliot after his dad started molesting him. I've watched the show from the beginning and am a big fan so this turn was surprising in a way but not. I guess I wasn't surprised there was some sort of abuse that led to Elliot's multiple personalities but then was kind of disappointed that child sex abuse is presented as the ultimate form of paid and suffering. I'm still trying to process it but was wondering what others thought. Thanks.

I just watched it tonight. Personally I think it was handled amazingly well compared to how the issue is usually treated. I thought the reactions to the realization etc was very realistic.. Felt that perhaps the writers actually may have done some homework to put it together.

Andre808

Registrant
Yes, as I rewatch the show from the start, I feel Esmail and the writers did a great job showing the survivors journey and the effects of abuse. I definitely have had the same feelings of Elliot such as wanting to save the world and protect the people. It's a great watch the 2nd time around, like when re-watching Fight Club or The Usual Suspects.

Finally watching Season 3 (and soon S4). The parallels to PTSD, cPTSD, Dissociative Disorders, Therapy, are startling. Apparently they got the "hacking" paradigm extremely accurate, too. So greaky and so good. I can totally relate to "Elliot"

I just got to this episode - since i have DID-like symptoms (but not as severe), I can totally relate to the "slow burn" leading up to this Season 4 reveal. (Still not finished with Season 4) - there are 3 recognized "alters" plus Elliot's "Main Self" - but there is a 4th "alter" that has not been revealed yet - this scares me as I feel there are additional "parts" of my own psyche that have yet to come forward.