but it's what I need to sell'em
I need to be a victim
how else will I get love?
I need to be a child
I need to push and shove
ME! ME!
look at ME!
look at what's been done to ME!

-to the immature adults I've met along the way who refuse to take responsibility for their own lives

Joseph,

Your GODDAMN RIGHT it's about me!

I take responsability for my own actions, but someone else REFUSES to take responsability for what they've done to ME!

I've f****d up my own life, but someone else POISONED mine, made me INCAPABLE of love, UNABLE to trust, and DOUBTING when someone says they love me!

I sure hope you didn't mean it the way you made it sound man. Pretty damn cold, I think.

Scot

Scot

It's ironic but ALL ABOUT ME is actually about ME and the pain I have suffered befriending others (abuse = ALL TYPES of abuse) who turned out to be so self-involved that they were blind to the pain they inflicted on ME. Yes, it is pretty damn cold - getting rejected and then lied about really hurts. For the record, I was abused sexually and otherwise as a child and I still suffer for it as an adult. I have to struggle with my own self centeredness but recognize the necessity of taking responsibility for my own actions in all areas of life. If I don't take that responsibility, then life for me will just be about what the world does to me - a very sad thought, don't you think?

joseph7

Scot, I think that some people just can't take responsibility for their actions. I don't know why. Maybe if they did they would have to change and change is really much too much work.

I wish that none of us had been so badly harmed. Still, I think that the harm does makes us think alot about ourselves. I think it is an effort to try to understand what we will never understand, because our abusers most likely will never attempt to tell us why they chose to harm us.

Brothers, we just cannot lose hope. This thing recovery is an up and down thing. But, I think it is still a progressive thing. Lets hold on to each other and that way none of us will drown.

Bob