Activities for Age 25

Activities for Age 25

Winterfr3sh

Registrant
Hey survivors,

Want to ask a couple questions:

What were you doing at age 25 (or if younger, what are you doing now)?
What types of activities do you think are appropriate for this age?

At age 25 I was playing guitar in a trio w/organ & drums. We played top 40 hits & some jazz tunes also. We were playing in a club in Wildwood N.J. for the summer, an extended gig! It was pretty cool. I was drinking & drugging then tho'..& I was kind of a mess emotionally because of my past abuse & hadn't even begun to deal with any of it.

I was on the active duty part of my Army commitment (too young for Korea, too old for Vietnam :D )

Anything you enjoy would be appropriate at 25, as long as it doesn't brake any limbs or eardrums.

Worked the Spring at a University Library Job. The Summer at a temp job setting up for a Festival, then working for that Festival. Later moved to another state to get time living in state, so I would go the same University my wife chose to go to. It was very stressful that she chose it, so we had to move so far. There, I got a temp job with a cleaning service and we had a few Pot lucks with Church.

Had a lot of things going on with my marriage in it's 2nd-3rd year. A lot of turmoil emotionally. One emotion led me to a new contact to get wasted, and I dove in both feet. Got wasted often. Soon, I found a new job at a Hardware Store in that town. I worked about 30 ish hours all the time, and tried to make sure I had filled out all the forms to be transferred to instate tuition. Once that was accomplished I started down there, and kept that job for a little while longer. Soon it was too much commitment and I quit. I also found a couple of buddies who liked to get wasted. So, that's what I did most of the last 3 months of age 25.

I did go dancing maybe twice? Someone said something mean to me the second time, and my wife made a fuss about something else, and that ended that. I discovered the State Parks down there, and began spending a lot of time in them getting wasted.

I worked full time, practiced cello 3 hours a day, played in 2 community orchestras, continued cello lessons, went to church, and participated in my church singles group, while feeling guilt for that little bit of social life because of my goal to become a professional symphony musician. Deep inside I was a wreck, keeping all my suffering to myself, not understanding what was going on. I don't suggest doing that.

I'd suggest making sure you have a good support system of friends, having people you can confide in. Do activities that make you happy. Get enough sleep, eat healthy, and say something positive about yourself each day.

I graduated from college two years prior and by age 25, I was on a career path with a well-known company that would potentially be financially rewarding. The only problem was I hated every aspect of the job. To paraphrase the late author James Dickey (a fellow Atlantan), I sold my soul every workday and tried to buy it back every night.

I eventually quit that job after two years and moved back in with my parents while I figured out the next move. The next move was graduate school in a program that led me to a career path which allows me to make a positive economic imprint on a number of cities in two different states If 25 was a low point, two more years led me to much better ground. I don't think I felt like an adult until my late 20s. I'm still learning the ropes, but at age 45, I now pretty much know which ropes to leave alone!

Will